2011 DPF on turbo

Jesse_01

Reaction score
Due to crossing scales lots, a crack down in the area and already getting a warning. I am putting the dpf back on. What are my options for turbo's & hp? I would like to be in the 550hp range. Will be using the truck for mainly dd & towing. ITs a F450 with 4:30.

Is a modded 15 turbo with dual fuel's pretty much my only option? Or could I run a non vgt also?

Thanks,
Jesse

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
I'm Not sure if anyone has done much tuning with those types of upgrades on a "stock" truck. I know Eric at Innovative has done a lot of tuning with stock trucks so he may be a good place to start. I would think the trick would be to keep the particulates as close to stock as possible to minimize regens. I think it would be a great build, but the devil in the details will definitely be tuning.

Chris

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Morgan@Midwest Diesel & Auto did some dpf on experiments. might hit him up. or go to his threads and see if you can search it.

live life full throttle

Yellow1000

Reaction score
Still not gonna be easy to sustain that kind of power with the dpf on for a long time reliably I think. Unless with as much time as he spends on the open road towing the sustained heat will keep it clean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesse_01

Reaction score
Punch out the dpf.

I thought about drilling it out. In the big trucks they drill #8- 1/2" holes & it's enough to not restrict flow. When I tow its 12-20k, so it gets plenty got to clean out the dpf.

They don't sniff test, just visual test.

I just wondering if as long as there is 4" worth of hole drilled there won't be any restriction.

john.crabtree.9400

Reaction score
I thought about drilling it out. In the big trucks they drill #8- 1/2" holes & it's enough to not restrict flow. When I tow its 12-20k, so it gets plenty got to clean out the dpf.

They don't sniff test, just visual test.

I just wondering if as long as there is 4" worth of hole drilled there won't be any restriction.
o_O

I'm a diagnostic tech for a peterbilt dealership and I can tell you right now that doesn't work. The differential pressure sensor and the temp sensors would see that and throw a MIL as soon as it started a regen.

P.S. I found this forum on the tapatalk app and added it, got bored and was lurking tonight.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
o_O

I'm a diagnostic tech for a peterbilt dealership and I can tell you right now that doesn't work. The differential pressure sensor and the temp sensors would see that and throw a MIL as soon as it started a regen.

P.S. I found this forum on the tapatalk app and added it, got bored and was lurking tonight.

I meant drilling out the dpf than running a delete tune. Have done the same thing with the heavy duty trucks when they have nothing but dpf problems.

14ccd

Reaction score
There is a Youtube video of a guy who cut open his DPF and took out the hard filter part and welded it back together, I thought about doing the same thing if PA ever does Diesel emissions checks.

Latest posts

Members online