**Official Announcement: Custom Tuning**

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Still no updates for us 6.4 guys?

Once they release the v8 update, that's when custom tuning going be available.

Wanted to drop an update here for you guys. Thanks for the input, as it's been extremely helpful looking at what we wanted to change in new upcoming software releases.

At this point, we're looking at a January (later in the month) BETA release of version 8.0. The new software is brand new, from scratch, rather than simple "update" of our existing tune files. The driving feel, shifting feel, and pedal response will be completely overhauled, and I think everyone will be extremely pleased with it.

The new software is modeled after what we've done with the latest software release for the 2015 and 2016MY 6.7's. Many of the tactics we used in developing that software will be shared with the 6.4L, which our newest customers seem to be extremely pleased with.

For those of you who have our device on a late model 6.7 as of recent, you'll know the "feel" I'm referring to. Pedal sensitivity (still responsive without being touchy), crisp but less harsh shifting and lockup, and generally improved manners while preserving the top-of-the-line power levels we've always maintained.

There will also be much improved "uniformity" across the power levels. As most of our customers know, there is a significant difference in input feelings throughout the full breadth of our current tuning files for 6.4L. The new software addresses this, just as our newest 6.7L software shares extremely similar (if not identical) pedal and shift feedback between all of the power levels. This has proven very beneficial on 6.7, as the driver doesn't need to alter driving style between power levels.

This update will also be the basis software for version 9.0 shortly following, which will contain shift-on-the-fly.

I'll also note that custom tuning will be available directly following the rev8.0 release.

Latest posts

Members online