499.1rwhp on Stock Injectors at Thoroughbred Diesels "Judgement Day" Dyno Event

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
499.1rwhp on Stock Injectors at Thoroughbred Diesels "Judgement Day" Dyno Event

Just wanted to thank Matt for the SRL X that put us to 499.1 RWHP and 852.7 RWTQ today in Chris Guest's 2006 6.0, WITH STOCK FUEL DELIVERY AND INJECTORS!

The truck ran great from ATL GA up to Winchester KY and performed awesome in the event. We didn't even plan on dynoing Chris's truck, but after Adrian's tranny had "complications" with his build and wasn't at the event, we decided to run Chris's truck in Adrian's spot. We had to run the 2.6 class since thats where Adrian was pre-registered and knew we couldn't win but wanted to get something on the board regardless. Couldn't be happier with the result. We had hoped to lay down a BIG number with Adrian's truck, but getting this close to the 500rwhp mark on stock injectors was well worth the trip up.

Some info on Chris's truck. It's a 2006 CCSB Harley Davidson Edition with a 6" lift and 35x12.50R22's. The truck runs a 4" downpipe to a 5" straight pipe exhaust, EGR delete, AFE CAI, AFE Bladerunner intake elbow, 6.4l banjo's, PHP's Hercules 100 FICM tune, Stock fuel pump and stock injectors and the MTW Stage 2.

Gearhead

Reaction score
Good deal... i'd like to see this same truck run on a dyno comparing all of Bill's FICM tunes with the new XX file that was on the truck.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Congrats! We did this a few years ago with Matts SRL+, great file!!!

You did 500rwhp on a 6.0 running stock fuel delivery, stock injectors, CAI, exhaust, SCT (with a a lesser tune) and I'm assuming a lesser FICM tune if it was a few years ago before the bigger FICM tunes became available, and a drop in VGT turbo upgrade? What kind of turbo and please elaborate on the details of the truck.

Dave

Reaction score
Stock 6.0 with SRL and Bills old FICM tuning. Manual trans truck IIRC

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Well, I'm glad to see another vendor stating that 500 can be had with good tuning and a healthy truck. Now we need to make some more numbers like this and slap down some track times, then we can really start changing the reputation of the 6.0.

Good work guys. It's always nice to see good numbers outta the 6.0 crowd.

Charles

Reaction score
You did 500rwhp on a 6.0 running stock fuel delivery, stock injectors, CAI, exhaust, SCT (with a a lesser tune) and I'm assuming a lesser FICM tune if it was a few years ago before the bigger FICM tunes became available, and a drop in VGT turbo upgrade? What kind of turbo and please elaborate on the details of the truck.

He said he did what you did, and you question whether or not he made 500hp with X, Y and Z.

But did you make 500hp?

No...

Btw, nice job. Go find another 0.90hp and it'll be really cool.

Last edited:

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
He said he did what you did, and you question whether or not he made 500hp with X, Y and Z.

But did you make 500hp?

No...

Btw, nice job. Go find another 0.90hp and it'll be really cool.

It was 503.1 corrected, so I found the .90 and then some. Thanks for the comment, but we did make 500+. BTW, I asked because we get questioned too, just curious about his set up. I posted the uncorrected numbers simply to avoid the "correction factor" debate, you know, less ammo for dicks to argue about.

Last edited:

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

Damn a little cocky are we? Shart dont stank over here huh.

Charles

Reaction score
It was 503.1 corrected, so I found the .90 and then some. Thanks for the comment, but we did make 500+. BTW, I asked because we get questioned too, just curious about his set up. I posted the incorrect end numbers simply to avoid the "correction factor" debate, you know, less ammo for dicks to argue about.

lol

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Damn a little cocky are we? Shart dont stank over here huh.

Not cocky, surprised and curious. Apparently, you missed post #'s 7&8 were I pointed out they did it on a stock turbo and praised them and their numbers. I'm always glad to see good 6.0 numbers regardless of who they come from.

Last edited:

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
manuals will put more to the rear wheels.

I understand, but regardless, it seems that your tuning is making awesome numbers. 500 on a 6.0 with stock injectors and fuel delivery isn't easy. Again, glad to see these trucks making good power with minimal upgrades.

Super Diesel

Reaction score
Congrats! We did this a few years ago with Matts SRL+, great file!!!

Stock 6.0 with SRL and Bills old FICM tuning. Manual trans truck IIRC

Ever since I started really getting into the RWHP chase, I've heard that stock injectors and the stock turbo really limit your numbers. When I dyno'd 454rwhp at PHP in February (the temps were around 30*) - I was told that that was a very high number and not typical for a truck with my mods (intake, exhaust, SRL+, and Bill's FICM tune).

After my dyno run, I posed the possibility of these trucks eventually making 500rwhp on stock turbo and injectors - which I immediately was ridiculed and laughed at for having such an outlandish idea. Some of the people that were pointing their finger and laughing have responded in this thread. Funny as to how they're not doing it now.

I'm getting tired of the bull**** that seems to be overwhelming when it comes to our group (the GPDA) making what we believe to be headway for the 6.0 community, and then we find out that "Oh we already did that." or "I made 474 rwhp on stock sticks and stock turbo, with stock fuel system.... however I forgot to mention that I have 4.10 gears and the dyno was calibrated for 3.73, and I have small tires".

I hate to admit it, but I'm beginning to understand now - why people want track times to back up the dyno numbers. Bill's dyno at PHP has been backed up already by track times, so I trust his. I will be re-dynoing my truck on his dyno, so I can get "official" numbers on Matt's SRL Extreme tune (which is supposed to BETTER than the SRL+ tune).

This isn't meant to offend anyone at Thoroughbred Diesel and their dyno crew, it's just that my truck has always been dyno'd at Bill's and all my numbers came from him - so Bill's dyno (and Bill as it's operator) is my constant.

My point is simply this: Instead of withholding information from everyone, why not share it - like we have been doing. This way, it's a win-win for everyone. The tuners can see what's working and what's not, the turbo manufacturers can see what's working and what's not, etc.... It's getting annoying, VERY ****ing annoying, that we have a goal set that we want to achieve, and we make it public knowledge that that's what we're trying to do, and at NO POINT does anyone say a ****ing word that they've already accomplished that goal, with less - until we achieve our goal and report our findings to everyone.

I have NEVER heard of a stock 6.0 making 500 rwhp with just simple bolt-ons and an ECM tune w/ FICM tune. Until now.

manuals will put more to the rear wheels.

How much more? I haven't personally witnessed a manual 6.0 with similar mods to an automatic, then dyno the two next to each other to see the difference.

Matt, I'm loving the tune. I'm also still working on getting you some numbers for your research for the MTW Stage 2 turbo. I will be upgrading to a new Stage 2 design in the future - but I will try to get you the information you need for tune tweaking over the next few days/weeks.

Gearhead

Reaction score
How much more? I haven't personally witnessed a manual 6.0 with similar mods to an automatic, then dyno the two next to each other to see the difference.

My guess is 5 percent over an automatic. Just frictional loss differences.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
My guess is 5 percent over an automatic. Just frictional loss differences.

Glad you posted this Matt.

Using the 5% that Matt has put out there and assuming 500RWHP on both trucks in question, that would mean if the manual truck had been an automatic, his number would've been closer to a 475rwhp, still impressive. On the other hand, using the same formula, Chris's truck would've been closer to 525rwhp had it been equiped with the manual tranny.

Gearhead

Reaction score
There are unicorn trucks out there..... everything seems to come together just right to make magic.

Latest posts

Members online