6.4 Tuning Under Way

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Someone post up a video for the non facebook users.. Says i need to be logged in

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
Just imagine a 6.4 that sounds like a 6.0, he found a way to turn off the pilot injection to basically make it sound more like a diesel.

I know the pilot is for noise control, but is there a lack of fuel taking out that injection stage? Does he compensate by adding fuel in the other 4 stages, or can he get away with removing the first and still combust properly with no problems?

Gearhead

Reaction score
I know the pilot is for noise control, but is there a lack of fuel taking out that injection stage? Does he compensate by adding fuel in the other 4 stages, or can he get away with removing the first and still combust properly with no problems?

Right now I can just add or subtract fuel like any other diesel where and when I want it. Once everything is dialed in, I may turn on pilot at idle only unless I find some compelling reason that 20 mpg+ needs to be dicked with.

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
Right now I can just add or subtract fuel like any other diesel where and when I want it. Once everything is dialed in, I may turn on pilot at idle only unless I find some compelling reason that 20 mpg+ needs to be dicked with.

Very cool, cant wait to try out the finished product.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
when your ready to tune something modded call me

But i want my truck to be quiet so thaT 6.0 sound wont fly

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.