Motorcraft ta-30 sealant

stroker_1999

Reaction score
Probably a dumb question I'm in the middle of doing a 6.0 rebuild for a customer I was putting the front cover and rear cover on today a long with upper and lower oil pan gaskets.I normally use the ta-31 sealant well I used the ta-30 instead my part guy gave me the ta-30.I used it on the rear cover and front cover corners a long with upper and lower oil pans.I like to just put a nice lite coat of sealant on the gaskets on the upper and lower oil pan gasket and rear cover gasket I don't want to have any problems after I put all the parts on I looked at the back of the tube and it said not for 7.3 diesels or 6.0 and 6.4.So do I need to take it back apart and get the ta-31 motor is still sitting on floor no oil in it I don't want to have any problems with leaks or with sealant.I couldn't find anything online about the difference between the 2 sealants.

Last edited:

TooManyToys

Reaction score
My understanding of TA-31 is it was specifically formulated to not cause foaming of the motor oil in an HEUI pressurized oil system.

stroker_1999

Reaction score
Yeah I read that to somewhere also I'm going to just take it apart and clean all the sealant off and use the ta-31 I have a brand new front cover gasket the other gaskets are cheap.

Latest posts

Members online