Csf 6028 intercooler!

slc6oh

Reaction score
put my 6028 on today, perfect fit.. cant really comment on egt loss, as I see 1000 even under a pretty heavy pull. and wasn't noticeably higher with the stock cooler.

I bought just for the simple fact that its got alum end tanks that wont blow off at 40+ psi.

core is 3/4" thicker than stock as well.

swinky

Reaction score
Imo an aftermarket intercooler is the number 1 under looked modification to a 6liter. These trucks are getting older and with crankcase vents in place they just get flat out plugged.

The benefits of the intercooler wayyyyy outshine one of those silly ported intake manifolds.

My personal truck picked up .12 in the 1/8th on my first fuel only pass with my hellmans intercooler.

Just food for thought.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Merc82

Reaction score
^^^ I think that is what happened to my old intercooler. I agree 100%

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Imo an aftermarket intercooler is the number 1 under looked modification to a 6liter. These trucks are getting older and with crankcase vents in place they just get flat out plugged.

The benefits of the intercooler wayyyyy outshine one of those silly ported intake manifolds.

My personal truck picked up .12 in the 1/8th on my first fuel only pass with my hellmans intercooler.

Just food for thought.

I agree 100%

I know guys back in the day that swapped and made no difference. But I think over the years the stock intercooler can get plugged up.

I noticed a big difference in spool up and lower egts. I could not believe the turbo spooled up faster... but it did.

No limit intake + upgraded intercooler + ported intake manifold = HUGE DIFFERENCE. Cooler, cleaner, and faster spooling all across the board.

swinky

Reaction score
I agree 100%

I know guys back in the day that swapped and made no difference. But I think over the years the stock intercooler can get plugged up.

I noticed a big difference in spool up and lower egts. I could not believe the turbo spooled up faster... but it did.

No limit intake + upgraded intercooler + ported intake manifold = HUGE DIFFERENCE. Cooler, cleaner, and faster spooling all across the board.
I just need an intake manifold. This 369 ***kin rips

slc6oh

Reaction score
If i remember right i just googled the pn, i think it was "stylintrucks" or something that had it cheapest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KCTurbos

Reaction score
You guys know what the difference is between the 6028 & the 7106?

The price and name. That is the info that I got. I used to sell CSF (through a distributor)... I still do sell them but not as much. They really don't have any MAP pricing. I can find them on EBAY for Less than my cost on them. The market quickly got destroyed for any dealers because it is not possible to make any money.

Then came along the 7016... when I asked I was told it was "replacing" the 6028" but they were exactly the same and they are both still sold. You will see the 7016 on more sites like XDP.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
The price and name. That is the info that I got. I used to sell CSF (through a distributor)... I still do sell them but not as much. They really don't have any MAP pricing. I can find them on EBAY for Less than my cost on them. The market quickly got destroyed for any dealers because it is not possible to make any money.

Then came along the 7016... when I asked I was told it was "replacing" the 6028" but they were exactly the same and they are both still sold. You will see the 7016 on more sites like XDP.

or you could call me , and i'll get you the best, spearco , and you can make money !

dieselpips

Reaction score
Anybody try the CSF 6013 OEM replacement? Is there that big of difference between the 6013 and 6028? I know the bar and plate vs tube and fin, but performance wise is it worth the money to gain?

Amicus

Reaction score
Just installed the 6013. Don't know what the 6028 looks like but the 6013 was nice and was a direct fit. It seems to work great.

Zeb

Reaction score
6013 gets my vote. Bang for the buck they are awesome. I’ve used several on customers trucks and they always fit flawlessly.
I have a 6028 on my wife’s Excursion. Only fitment issue I had was the thicker core hit the trans cooler. A rubber grommet off a 6.0 valve cover bolt on each side between the cooler and the core support solved that problem.
I prefer a tube and fine core also, so once again, the 6013 gets my vote.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
The 6013 is basically a stock replacement with metal ends

The 6028 is a bar n plate design. Cools better and flows more.

dieselpips

Reaction score
I was able to order a 6028 for less than $300 from APW a couple days ago. Seems like a pretty good deal for what ya'll say I'll be getting. Thanks for the responses.

@Zeb "
A rubber grommet off a 6.0 valve cover bolt on each side between the cooler and the core support solved that problem
."

Do these go on the tranny cooler mounting bolts to push it forward a bit?