billet door handles

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
Who makes the best ones and where to buy? I'm tired of losing sleep at night thinking about how flimsy the oem plastic door handles are and how easy they are to break into. Eliminated the key holes after mine got punched out a couple months ago. but yesterday my nieghbors f250 gasser got messed with, by trying to pry under the handle. now his is all loose. Anyone have any recommendations? Defiantly going to get the jimmy jammers in addition.

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
Also if anyone has any pics of them on a silver truck...wondering if I should get the painted or powder coated

Demon

Reaction score
I don't actually recall the manufacturer of the ones I installed on my truck. But I like them. No key cylinders on my truck at all anymore.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
I don't actually recall the manufacturer of the ones I installed on my truck. But I like them. No key cylinders on my truck at all anymore.

Are they pretty stiff? If you pull on them with the door locked do they flex at all? And did you install the jimmy jammers?

Demon

Reaction score
This is the best shot I have on my phone of them. They feel solid to me. The pull feels normal.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360072527868.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360072527868.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 63

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
I think those are the same ones I ordered. Glad to see they come appart because Iam going to paint match mine. They look pretty solid.

Demon

Reaction score
Yes they are very solid in the hole. No flex in or around the opening. If someone tryed to pry it up, they would literally have to destroy the door to get behind it.

I may get around to color matching them as well. I'm slowly dechroming the rest of it anyways.

Demon

Reaction score
A friend works parts at the local Honda dealer. They ordered them through one of their big supply places. So I didn't exactly get them at a "store"

I THINK the brand was something like "rock-it-hard" by AMI. I believe I have the stickers in one of my pics I took. I'll double check. I was very impressed with the quality in hand when I pulled them out of the package.

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
The ones I ordered are AMI summitracing was the cheapest I place I found. $460 something for all 4 shipped to my door. I'll post pics When I get them.

Fantom

Reaction score
It's a good idea, but if a thief wants in the truck they're getting in the truck. If they can't go through the handle, they'll take out a window.

Demon

Reaction score
I know that. But the stock plastic handles are a get out of jail free card for the thief. And virtually without making a sound. Make the ****er work for it at least.

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
It's a good idea, but if a thief wants in the truck they're getting in the truck. If they can't go through the handle, they'll take out a window.

Yeh but the stock handles are so flimsy if you pull on them hard enough you can pull them right off.