Making the Outlaw more "mom friendly"

B.Warning

Reaction score
Alright guys, I need some advise from yourselves and your wives. Im looking to make the Outlaw more "mom friendly". Were expecting a little girl in june and we already have a 7yr old. I need to make her truck very useable for her to drive, pack the kids, grocery getter, etc... The lift is coming off and going to stock height. The 20x12's are staying but going with a 33'' a/t tire.

Things im considering are...

Bed Rug (to keep everything clean)
Bed Cover (roll n lock or something similar, lockable and sits flush w/ bed)
Install lights in the bed with a pressure switch to turn on when tailgate is down
Bed extender to keep grocerys from rolling to the front

Do they make a automactic tailgate drop and lift? Key fob?

What else do you think will work? Talk to your wives and ask her advise. Tell her its for a good cause. LOL

Here's how the truck sits now.

Resampled952012-05-059513-44-0995640.jpg
[/IMG]

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Is a "truck" something she wants to drive? reason being is if she wants something else? (minivan, etc) then nothing your going to do to make that truck (wife friendly) is going to work.

you will piss a bunch of money away on mods, only to buy her something else...

JMart

Reaction score
I don't know about a power lift for the gate but I would get at least an "EZ down" for it. That way she can just unlatch it and let it drop if her hands are full. And if a kid unlatches it the gate wont come crashing down on their head.

The rest of your ideas sound pretty good too.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Brian,

Buy her a Taurus SHO, retire this to your fleet.

Or since your wife thinks im such a bad ***kin influence, do this.

Retire this, buy her the tahoe..

Bet she doesnt hate me now. Checkmate..

B.Warning

Reaction score
Is a "truck" something she wants to drive? reason being is if she wants something else? (minivan, etc) then nothing your going to do to make that truck (wife friendly) is going to work.

you will piss a bunch of money away on mods, only to buy her something else...

If you knew me you'd know that there isnt a snowballs chance in hell i'd ever have a minivan in my driveway. And yes, she wants a truck.

I don't know about a power lift for the gate but I would get at least an "EZ down" for it. That way she can just unlatch it and let it drop if her hands are full. And if a kid unlatches it the gate wont come crashing down on their head.

The rest of your ideas sound pretty good too.

Yea ive seen those, and do like them. Just didnt know if there are other options out there.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
brian,

here is what me and future wife plan to do cause she wants a superduty as well.

this goes for anything thats a 6.0, 6.4 or even 6.7.

Truck will have the following

leveling kit
35s on 22s
tailgate step
gooseneck hitch incase my truck is down and i need to use my trailers
spray in bed liner ( line X )
bed matt so things arent rubbing on the rough bed liner
bed cover, i think its the pace edwards brand that makes on thats power that will roll up and roll back with a key fob so she doesnt have to roll it up and un roll
bed extender so that she can put groceries in the back of the bed and not worry about them going up to the front
amp power steps
and shes now trying to talk me into some go fast parts that im not sold on that she needs for her daily driver with our current 2 year old and hopefully another little one in the future.

feel free to call me or txt me and we can discuss this some more if you want

but those are whats in the plans for the have to haves for her truck when i find her one

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
Nice truck! I'm wana see what you come up with for a light in the bed on a pressure switch I would like to do somthing like that in my tool box.

6point0damn2004

Reaction score
JSC or somebody makes an electric drop tailgate but it also functions as an "automatic spoiler" or some shiht. I think its called the droptail

B.Warning

Reaction score
Brian,

Buy her a Taurus SHO, retire this to your fleet.

Or since your wife thinks im such a bad ***kin influence, do this.

Retire this, buy her the tahoe..

Bet she doesnt hate me now. Checkmate..

Thats not gonna happen. I HATE cars, and so does she. Id rather my family be in a superduty. Tahoe...negative. Everybody has one around here. IF, and thats a BIG IF, she gets anything other than this it'll be a Escalade.

Oh Yea...your still on her sh!t list because of my order today, and with the shiny parts your bringing me this weekend. Nice try though. LOL
brian,

here is what me and future wife plan to do cause she wants a superduty as well.

this goes for anything thats a 6.0, 6.4 or even 6.7.

Truck will have the following

leveling kit
35s on 22s
tailgate step
gooseneck hitch incase my truck is down and i need to use my trailers
spray in bed liner ( line X )
bed matt so things arent rubbing on the rough bed liner
bed cover, i think its the pace edwards brand that makes on thats power that will roll up and roll back with a key fob so she doesnt have to roll it up and un roll
bed extender so that she can put groceries in the back of the bed and not worry about them going up to the front
amp power steps
and shes now trying to talk me into some go fast parts that im not sold on that she needs for her daily driver with our current 2 year old and hopefully another little one in the future.

feel free to call me or txt me and we can discuss this some more if you want

but those are whats in the plans for the have to haves for her truck when i find her one

I'll get ahold of you in the next few days. We got the same things in mind.
Nice truck! I'm wana see what you come up with for a light in the bed on a pressure switch I would like to do somthing like that in my tool box.

I'll be sure to do a right up with what I do for this.

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
This is how I have my all of the trucks for the mill set up that haul finished trim and whatnot:

-Stock height, stock or slightly bigger Courser at-IIs
-Slimline hard cap with built in gullwing toolbox
-Bedrug
-Torsion bar on the tailgate (reduces "weight" by about 70%...can open and close with one hand easily)
-LED cargo lights with door switch wired in to open when the tailgate opens.

This setup makes the bed more of a trunk, it stays dry and clean, and is very easy to use. I have 6 trucks set up like this and my father loves them. My mother drives one as her daily and hauls around my three siblings just fine.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
id level the truck leave the wheels, get yourself an easy open tailgate as mentioned above (i bought mine from ebay, but ask vendors here) amp power steps, some bed lights are a cool idea, i ran a set up in the bed of my truck with a remote which is nice.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
If you knew me you'd know that there isnt a snowballs chance in hell i'd ever have a minivan in my driveway. And yes, she wants a truck.

Yea ive seen those, and do like them. Just didnt know if there are other options out there.

thats cool. i hear that on a minivan.

Latest posts

Members online