FICM and fuel system ?s

Reaction score
I've got a buddy with a 6.0 and I've been helping him chase a few problems down. The truck is a 07 with 105k. It's Studded, deleted, coolant filter, blue spring, and innovate tuned. The truck was starting rough when cold but some synthetic 5-40 and hot shot's has seemed to fix that.

The FICM voltage drops to 41v when starting cold, is this normal? It goes up to 47v to 46.5v when warn and driving around town. If the FICM is bad which one do you guy recommend?

We tested the fuel pressure the other day and it dropped to 40psi wot. He plans on getting bigger sticks down the road. What's the biggest injector a stock fuel system can support on a 6.0? Also who makes a good RR kit for one?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the questions all I ever mess with is 7.3s.

matt92idi

Reaction score
i can't comment on the film voltage dropping when cold but marty (vendor on here) makes a nice rr system and so does driven diesel. my stock pump also drops to about 40 or so but there are many ways to fix that. I would look into dual stock pumps to keep the reliability instead of an AD2 system.

Stroker04

Reaction score
41 volts is out of spec. Anything below 45 volts while cranking needs replaced/fixed.

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

DWhite

Reaction score
Yeah mine dropped to 42 and I swapped it out with a 58v one from Swamps and it fixed my cold start problems.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Go to local international dealer and buy a new half shell for it. The last one I got locally was like $137 or so. The core is pricey though, so make sure you have the bad half to give back. This will come with the shell itself, a new power board, and all new hardware (internal hardware). This is the best/cheapest option IMO. I stopped repairing them once I started buying these. Didn't make sense anymore. Napa sells just a power board (made by Dorman, Bleh!) for $125.... but for the cost difference I'd get the entire 1/2 from International.

It is worth noting they only have half shells for 4 pin boards, so if you have a 7 pin, get it repaired instead. Being it's an 07, it should be a 4 pin, provided no one else has replaced it previously.