No start- need some help.

mstng5point0

Reaction score
So a little info its an 07 i just did head gaskets, studs, oil cooler, egr delete, stc fitting, updated stand pipes and dummy plugs all new gaskets from the heads up and new inj o rings. Filled up with rotella t6. Has a ficm by ficm repair. Truck ran great before doing the work. It started right up after but is skipping on #7 suspect bent push rod. They are coming tomorrow so i will pull it apart for that.

It has always started even with the skip. Went to start to pull inside the shop at night and i started around a few seconds of cranking and died. I tried to restart it kicked a few times but now start. Now it doesnt even fire. Pulled the ipr to check screen as icp was only 150 psi. Screen had a little crap on it but not much. Put it back in and went to start again and nothing. 150 psi after cranking for a few seconds. Noticed the oil pressure on the dash didnt seem to come up. I will try again tomorrow.

Truck ran great before doing the work. Now it wont even run.

Idiesel

Reaction score
Sounds like it just needs to fill fill the oil rails and oil cooler. Just needs to crank a few more times. Just don't crank longer than about 15 seconds and let the starter cool for a minute or 2 between cranking. Also check your oil after your done it will be alittle lower

mstng5point0

Reaction score
Its already been run for 15-20 min after the heads were done. I thought maybe the skip was air in the hpop system but it never went away. I also started it to drive it out of the shop this am. I went outside to start it to bring it inside and it started and died. Now it will not restart and seems to be making no injection pressure.

ghohouston

Reaction score
you will need to keep cranking provided something major didnt come apart in the engine, or a high pressure oil o ring hasnt failed. if you get it running again, go drive the piss out of it.

mstng5point0

Reaction score
Well i pulled the lpop regulator srping and plunger didnt find anything so i cleaned them and put it back together. Cranked it a bit more and it started up.

Also i didn't have a bent pushrod. Turned out an injector either got dirty or went bad so i replaced that and the truck runs great.

Idiesel

Reaction score
Glad to hear it's running. It'll take about 10-20 miles of driving to get most the air out of the oil rails. Then it will finally start starting nicely

mstng5point0

Reaction score
Glad to hear it's running. It'll take about 10-20 miles of driving to get most the air out of the oil rails. Then it will finally start starting nicely

Drove her home from the shop last night. Acually loaded my Innovative xtreme street tune just been going somewhat easy. Runs great. Totaled up how much i spend on her and i about crapped myself. I know thought it was around $3k. Now i was a bit off. But happy as a pig in $hit now. Hit the remote start this moring and she started right up like always. Seems a little throatier outa the exhaust with the Sinister y-pipe. Deffanty louder once adding the tune.

Idiesel

Reaction score
Yeah things start to add up quick. But sure feels good knowing everything is done right and works lol.

Latest posts

Members online