ROLL CALL to all our active and veteran military!!!

moesmokebbq

Reaction score
U.S Army 1999 - 2009
97B10 (Counter Intelligence) 4years
88M20H Motor Transport (Fueling Unit) 6 Years
Honorably/Medically discharged for injuries sustained during 1st tour in Iraq 2004-2005

737Th TC "Drive It Like You Stole It".....Hooah!

Last edited:

truckman1974

Reaction score
US Army. Been in the service since Jun ' 93. Currently serving on Active Duty in West Africa. (2 tours Iraq Veteran, 1 tour Afghanistan veteran, 1 tour in Kuwait.....READY for retirement!)

Did you know LESS THAN 1% of the US Population serves in the military?? You are more important than you think, so thank you to all who have, are, or will serve our country. God Bless America!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
US Army. Been in the service since Jun ' 93. Currently serving on Active Duty in West Africa. (2 tours Iraq Veteran, 1 tour Afghanistan veteran, 1 tour in Kuwait.....READY for retirement!)

Did you know LESS THAN 1% of the US Population serves in the military?? You are more important than you think, so thank you to all who have, are, or will serve our country. God Bless America!

holy chit!!! less then 1%? I've never heard that stat before!

live life full throttle

bruce

Reaction score
I thought I was less than 1% of all people who are physically able serve in the military. I know there are a lot more people my age that I know who served than my parents age. Seems like about 20 people I graduated with joined or have joined the service.

truckman1974

Reaction score
I thought I was less than 1% of all people who are physically able serve in the military. I know there are a lot more people my age that I know who served than my parents age. Seems like about 20 people I graduated with joined or have joined the service.

I know...it's hard to believe. In fact, this article says less than 0.5% serve. Here's a quote from the article:

"For nearly two generations, no American has been obligated to join up, and few do. Less than 0.5 percent of the population serves in the armed forces, compared with more than 12 percent during World War II. Even fewer of the privileged and powerful shoulder arms. In 1975, 70 percent of members of Congress had some military service; today, just 20 percent do, and only a handful of their children are in uniform."

Here's the article if you're interested:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/27/o...itary-drifting-apart.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

truckman1974

Reaction score
Lol...I was thinking the same thing when I read that part.

It's easy to send people to war (click the mouse button) when you don't REALLY know what it's like and the consequences of your decisions. The mouse button is REALLY not the same as the trigger!

cccj

Reaction score
Active duty Army- HH60M Blackhawk pilot

Currently stationed with 101st at Ft Campbell, KY.

imelmo

Reaction score

How long have you been in? I've got a buddy that was a Blackhawk instructor and retired a couple/few years ago. He's still an instructor as a civilian though.

truckman1974

Reaction score

I'm a 101 guy too.....Old Iron Rakkasan!

BTW...your truck in that avatar is crazy! That has to be a scary feeling...

cccj

Reaction score
How long have you been in? I've got a buddy that was a Blackhawk instructor and retired a couple/few years ago. He's still an instructor as a civilian though.

Entered in 2005; now I'm a CW3, Aviation Mission Survivability Officer.

cccj

Reaction score
I'm a 101 guy too.....Old Iron Rakkasan!

BTW...your truck in that avatar is crazy! That has to be a scary feeling...

I've had the cab off a couple times now. Much easier to work on anything in the drivetrain.

weazel

Reaction score
22 Years in the Army 10 As a 19D scout, and 12 as an Intel guy. Thinking of retiring due to how P.C. the military has become.

No chit, the military is getting way too soft, and PC, they are ruining it

Sent from my fortress of awesome

Latest posts

Members online