Dealer hassle

Strokersace

Reaction score
Ok first off money isn’t the issue hints owning a 6.4 before this and I am not trying to cheat or lie I was just asking if someone had found away to get around the warranty y’all need to take a chill pill the only reason I care about the warranty is for the stuff internal not the turbo or injection pump because I would rather do that myself then take it to the ford dealer here so with that being said I drive all over the place so I was wanting to keep it close to stock Incase something happeneds when I am away from the house how much of a hassle it would be but I thank you for understanding every situation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Punctuation man! Punctuation!!

It would help your argument if it's readable!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i always see this as not wanting to void my warranty for other stuff like batteries, alternators and other random stuff. i know bryce pretty well, he doesn't mean what you guys are assuming. he doesnt expect ford to pick up the tab when he knows he screw his truck up. heck , i void my warranty's usually on day one , but i still want the benefit of all the small things i could run into , so i value them as well. heck ive had 3 motors in my 13' and it only has 16k miles on it, never had a warranty claim cept when the head unit didn't want to update properly. bryce means the same here, guaranteed.

Bryce_fow

Reaction score
i always see this as not wanting to void my warranty for other stuff like batteries, alternators and other random stuff. i know bryce pretty well, he doesn't mean what you guys are assuming. he doesnt expect ford to pick up the tab when he knows he screw his truck up. heck , i void my warranty's usually on day one , but i still want the benefit of all the small things i could run into , so i value them as well. heck ive had 3 motors in my 13' and it only has 16k miles on it, never had a warranty claim cept when the head unit didn't want to update properly. bryce means the same here, guaranteed.

Thanks mike it was somewhat my fault I hadn’t slept so I might have came off as a asshole

dmd

Reaction score
Good luck with any of those warranties. What can you do if they deny the claim?

They wil come up with anything they can to deny it, then you have no recourse but
to sue, and that will cost even more.

C2tuck

Reaction score
It’s all in the dealer. I know my service writer at my local dealer pretty well and he would still honor the warranty where he could on de-leted trucks.

My last dodge was the same way. I was in South Carolina and had a bad oil leak. Trailered it to dealership, pulled it off the trailer and pulled it in service bay and it starts pissing antifreeze. Had like 55k on it. Dealer knew it was tune-d and fixed it no problem.

Now had the tranny been fried or a rod exit the block...that would have been a different story.

Call your dealer and ask them. But like Bigr stated, be ready to pay if denied.

Rossterman

Reaction score
Lifetime warranties are only as good as those that back them. Ive seen some dealerships rename themselves (or change hands) and deny coverage to those that had bought from the original dealership. That being said, the only thing that matters is what is written in the warranty contract. Folks can tell you what they want but when push comes to shove, the terms of the contract prevail.

For example, your service manager says all’s good as long as what fails isn’t related to what mods you did (verbally without anything in writing). Contract terms say any mods void the warranty. Service manager moves on. Guess who wins in court?

Latest posts

Members online