1993 factory turbo

bboteler

Reaction score
A friend of mine just bought a 1993 F250, it supposed to be a turbo truck. They don't live close but I got an under hood shot and it has what looks like the IDI non-turbo air cleaner?? I'll post the pic later but it doesn't look right. Anybody got any underhood shots from a 1993 w/ a factory turbo??

bboteler

Reaction score
doesnt look like a turbo truck to me...

Attachments

• IMG_5401.jpg
    IMG_5401.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 158

bad12jr

Reaction score
Definantly not turbo.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

bboteler

Reaction score
Thats what I said...they proceeded to tell me I didn't know what I was talking about. Hence my post here....

bboteler

Reaction score
I've not had much experience with these motors, what are solid beginning upgrades? Air intake changes, etc.

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
I've not had much experience with these motors, what are solid beginning upgrades? Air intake changes, etc.
a 300 6cyl would be an upgrade! LOL, sorry to hear about their bad investment. a turbo injection pump a turbo and an intercooler would wake it up! or could increase injection pressure and advance timing 2-3 degrees. hopefully it is not an automatic

'94IDITurbo7.3

Reaction score
na for sure. put a turbo on it, then hotter injection pump, then intercooler, intake, exhaust and that is about it if your staying on a budget.

hypermax makes a decent cowl intake kit that you cut a hole in your firewall right above the brake booster. i guess it helps some.

If you friend wanted an engine that will be reliable and tough he bought the right one.....it will tow but will be in the slow lane and will be slowing down if he sees a hill.

I agree PSD swap or a, *cough* 12v swap *cough* if he is looking for reliable, proven power over 300 hp.....

Other than that, put a fresh injection pump and injectors on it and drive the thing.

bboteler

Reaction score
exactly what I was looking for!! Thanks! Seen the hypermax setup but he isn't sold on cutting the firewall....But the injection pump and injectors is definitely right where he wants to be.

Latest posts

Members online