6.4 Turbo Shaft "Broke" what do I do???

JR48Welding

Reaction score
I'm bra nd new new to this, literally! Anyway, I have a 2010 f350 6.4 Powerstroke. It is my welding truck, so its how I make a living. I had a real bad belt squeaking like sound under acceleration that I guessed was coming from my turbo. Well being the idiot that i am took it apart. Long story short, i broke the turbine shaft turning it left,didn't know it had backward threads. Can I get a new shaft or what should I do,I need my truck ASAP. Thanks in advance for any advice!

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
I'm bra nd new new to this, literally! Anyway, I have a 2010 f350 6.4 Powerstroke. It is my welding truck, so its how I make a living. I had a real bad belt squeaking like sound under acceleration that I guessed was coming from my turbo. Well being the idiot that i am took it apart. Long story short, i broke the turbine shaft turning it left,didn't know it had backward threads. Can I get a new shaft or what should I do,I need my truck ASAP. Thanks in advance for any advice!

That is an expensive lesson to learn, don't feel bad though because A LOT of us learned the same way, and now you will never forget.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Which turbo was it? Just buy a new turbo and be done with it. If it was the atmosphere, you could upgrade it to something like our tow power atmosphere :D

richard71

Reaction score
Im new to this forum and i have a problem with my 08 f350 6.4 diesel turbo leaking from the linkage that controls the VGT. Is there a repair kit for this?

Latest posts

Members online