Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > 6.7 Aftermarket

Old 07-11-2018, 07:26 AM
General
Member's Gallery

Fluid level good and all the air out of the lines?
~Tom~ 02 F350 CCSB 4x4 SRW 7.3L, DIY-6637, Hydra, 4" TB-409SS MBRP, GS 3 in 1, EGT/Boost/Tranny, T500, FRx, COMP 910s, Fisher 8' MM2, 5" AL 1-piece Drive Shaft, Tymar HPX, NON-EBV Pedestal, Turbo Master, Wicked Wheel, Hutch/Harpoon, RR-Plenums/clamps, 203* TS and Billet Housing, ELC, Fumoto, Leveled, Airlift Bags, 16x10" on 35s, CCV Dumped, Foil, AIH, and EBV, Pontoons All Missing... Rebuilt Transmission at 137k~AE w/Ford Pack~
Old 07-11-2018, 08:41 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToMang07 View Post
Fluid level good and all the air out of the lines?
Fluid level is good. I don't know about air in the lines. How do I check that?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
2012 F250 SC | 12" FABTECH LIFT | 40x15.5 NITTO MUD GRAPPLERS | 20X12 FUEL MAVERICKS | NFAB STEPS | *** & EGR ******D | 5" AFE DP BACK EXHAUST | S&B CAI | AFE HOT & COLD SIDE | PCV REROUTE | LONGHORN TRACTION BARS | SCT LIVEWIRE W/ TUNES FROM TYRANT
Old 07-11-2018, 08:41 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhatlen View Post
Is it slipping on shifts through the gears with power or skipping?
Yes a bit of both

2012 F250 SC | 12" FABTECH LIFT | 40x15.5 NITTO MUD GRAPPLERS | 20X12 FUEL MAVERICKS | NFAB STEPS | *** & EGR ******D | 5" AFE DP BACK EXHAUST | S&B CAI | AFE HOT & COLD SIDE | PCV REROUTE | LONGHORN TRACTION BARS | SCT LIVEWIRE W/ TUNES FROM TYRANT
Old 07-12-2018, 09:27 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Try doing a adaptive reset
Old 07-12-2018, 11:56 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

I lost all the fluid in my trans one time and it took a lot of driving to purge the sytem fully. I also thought I blew my trans.

When in drive the trans would go automatically in to 5th but I had reverse. I drove around in reverse to purge the system of air and heat up the fluid. Finally as the trans got some heat in it, it started to shift in drive, still erractic but better. After I got a few foward gears I got some more heat in it and the more I drove it the better it got and soon after it was normal. Shifting threw all the gears like it should.

I think the trans has to be at a normal operating temp to open up the all the valves in the valve body. Then you will be able to purge the system fully.

Remember to keep adding fluid as the trans purges the air, just try and not overfill. Also when doing this dont abuse it as it could lead to some other issues

Last edited by blacksmoke.r.us; 07-12-2018 at 12:07 PM.
Old 07-12-2018, 01:32 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksmoke.r.us View Post
I lost all the fluid in my trans one time and it took a lot of driving to purge the sytem fully. I also thought I blew my trans.

When in drive the trans would go automatically in to 5th but I had reverse. I drove around in reverse to purge the system of air and heat up the fluid. Finally as the trans got some heat in it, it started to shift in drive, still erractic but better. After I got a few foward gears I got some more heat in it and the more I drove it the better it got and soon after it was normal. Shifting threw all the gears like it should.

I think the trans has to be at a normal operating temp to open up the all the valves in the valve body. Then you will be able to purge the system fully.

Remember to keep adding fluid as the trans purges the air, just try and not overfill. Also when doing this dont abuse it as it could lead to some other issues
It's at Ford getting diagnosed. Of course their saying burnt clutches. They probably are knowing my luck. It's been driven a few hundred miles, I would think the air is worked out by now

Old 07-12-2018, 03:36 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

I have a Suncoast 750hp kit in mine. Also got their torque converter and billet flexplate with the kit. My truck has 575 & 1100 at the wheels so way more than I need but I can beat on it and not worry about it. Mine was pulled and rebuilt, if you are going to swap Midwest might be a better option.