2006 fuel in coolant.

jrex2506

Reaction score
Bought a 6.0 I knew would be a lot of work but got a good deal on it. Motor was studded and egr ******. Starts up and idles fine, if you rev the motor I have bubbles in the coolant tank. Drained it and no oil sludge but looks like diesel maybe mixing with it.

I'm almost ready to pull the cab. I assume the head gasket is bad, wasn't done right or it has a cracked head and wasn't checked when it was done. What options are there for finding a head or getting a new one? I want to stay stock with this truck. I have 2k in the truck and don't wanna bump a pile of money in it but I have heard to be cautious of certain shops claiming they redo heads. Any options would help.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk

co04cobra

Reaction score
It has a cracked head above one of the injector cups. You can narrow it down to which side, but generally we do both heads while there. If it’s something you are planning to keep address as many of potential problem areas while the cab is up imo.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Whs. I always recommend doing both sides, as who knows if the other side is gonna crack shortly after or not. The bulletproof repair deal has been 50/50 on working, granted I only tried 2 trucks, one as far as I know is still working. Personally I would do kill devil heads, cheaper than ford heads, and o ringed and allwhatnot already. Then you can make Damn sure the head gasket job was done right and all that while youre in there.

Personally I dont trust studded trucks that I dont know who did the stud job on. There are a ton of hacks out there. Cant tell you how many ive torn apart that looked like the block wasnt cleaned before the heads were put back on...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

jrex2506

Reaction score
Update on this. Found shavings In the screen so pulled the motor just to check everything. It's not many but don't wanna do it twice. Front lifters n lpop look fine. Worried about the back ones.

Sent from my SM-S102DL using Tapatalk