is anyone running a madmax with 190/100injectors

what a mess

Reaction score
im pondering getting a new turbo but im not looking for a 68 considering I do tow with my truck and a 68 would be to laggy im running a pmax right now and im looking to get a little more bang out of the truck just wonding if anyone is running the madmax out there and sticks they are running with it and if they like it and tow with it?

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
depending on how heavy you tow? a 68in either vgt, nor non vgt is not going to tow very well. i had a elite 68 vgt and 205/50% abd anytime i hooked to a trailer, i wanted to burn the truck.

a charger of that size in single form is going to Surge to much to tow. o/d delete in tow/haul will help tremendously though!!!

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
You need less injector nozzle if you plan on towing.

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

Derkperk

Reaction score
My truck tows pretty well on a tow tune. Pulled 4 tons of rock in a dump trailer the other weekend and it was just fine. A bit of smoke at the stop lights but no problems with egt's. Guessing it was right around 12k.

what a mess

Reaction score
yea I know I tow a lot with it already and even with my setup now it only gets to about 1000 to 1100 when im accelerating so its not bad and I have a set of bd manis and new y pipe coming that I will be ceramic coating but I live in Illinois so I don't have big hills to climb or anyhting

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Chris (SuperDiesel) is running a madmax and 190/100's. His is also a standard trans. I doubt he tows but I'd PM him.

Tow???? ROFLMAO. Chris pulled the hitch off the truck. He has absolutely no way of towing.

Sent while driving, drinking coffee and threatening to kill people in traffic.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Vision stg2 and some 30% nozzles with a good tow tune and you'll be happy.

I'd bet he could tow pretty well with the Stage 3. He might wanna bump down to 50 or 75% nozzles though. 100% nozzle is just too big for a 190. IMHO a 100 is too big for anything less than a 225cc+ injector. Without major modifications to our HPOP system, you can't atomize the fuel, therefore you're wasting it and causing higher temps and excess smoke.

Eventually I'll probably bump up to a 190/30 or 190/50 (whatever Rykan recommends) and a Stage 3 (68mm). Just looking for 550RWHP so that should work well.

Last edited:

04cr450

Reaction score
I have 175/75's and a 68mm and there is no way I can tow anything. 30% nozzles for the win on towing. I have 155/30's on my work 6.0 with a powermax and it is a towing animal.

Strokin89

Reaction score
I wouldn't go over 30% nozzles for a truck id be towing with a lot

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I have 175/75's and a 68mm and there is no way I can tow anything. 30% nozzles for the win on towing. I have 155/30's on my work 6.0 with a powermax and it is a towing animal.

I know what you're saying, but I've seen well tuned 190cc trucks towing up to 8k with a 68mm VGT. One of those was a 190/75 truck.

what a mess

Reaction score
why do you say you cant tow with it? ive pulled 20k with my setup with no real issues egts ran around 900 but is that outa line that can casue problems?

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Most everyone has stated the most important things...

100% nozzles and towing do not got well together... Stick with stock or 30% nozzles.

Also the madmax is VERY colse in size to a 68mm. It runs a big turbine wheel and it has a very slim hub design on the compressor wheel. If you plan on towing I would not get a 68mm or madmax. I would get a stage 1 or stage 2 turbo.

I have a couple of guys with stage 3 68mm turbos that tow. Although it is possible with smaller nozzles. I NEVER recommend that big of a turbo for towing. You want a smaller turbo that makes more power down low if you tow.

go with 190/30s and a stage 2 turbo if you want to push the HP limit and still want to tow

Super Diesel

Reaction score
Chris (SuperDiesel) is running a madmax and 190/100's. His is also a standard trans. I doubt he tows but I'd PM him.

190/75s and yep, no towing here. Love the combo though, Madmax and 190/75s is pretty damn fun.

Tow???? ROFLMAO. Chris pulled the hitch off the truck. He has absolutely no way of towing.

Ay, tis true. She was neutered a long time ago.

well who owns a truck without a hitch! =)

I do! Who the hell drives a tow truck with 100% nozzles? :)

Chris....... lol he has a roll pan hahaha

Don't be hatin.