injector builders???

IdahoF350

Reaction score
With a 150k mile E99 on the original AB codes, 15° HPOP and stock turbo I'm torn between the supporting mods to run 200/80s or just bump it up a little to the 160/30s. I know the 200/80 hybrids would still let me do everything I need the truck to do, but I'd need some other supporting mods to use a 38R. Especially torn because the truck runs like a scalded dog tuned with the stock parts, and I don't ever see the need for more than 400hp/800tq for my purposes.

Reaction score
With a 150k mile E99 on the original AB codes, 15° HPOP and stock turbo I'm torn between the supporting mods to run 200/80s or just bump it up a little to the 160/30s. I know the 200/80 hybrids would still let me do everything I need the truck to do, but I'd need some other supporting mods to use a 38R. Especially torn because the truck runs like a scalded dog tuned with the stock parts, and I don't ever see the need for more than 400hp/800tq for my purposes.

I would go with 200/80s. I had them previously and the truck ran like a beast in my hot tune, got good fuel mileage and towed well.

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
Hmmmmm.....I wonder what the difference between his 175/80 and 200/80 is?

Billy T.
[email protected]

Yes 25cc:doh:

But really the difference for these two is the non-hybrid verses hybrid.

The exact same set between the nets nearly identical #'s due to their design. On the same Dyno the 175/80 did 490. The 200/80 did 510. The 175's are recommended to the customer that has the upgraded hpop. The 200's work great with a factory hpop. The remaining difference is the fuel injection based on the design. And before anyone jumps on and complains of the Dyno being too high it's a comparison of two set ups, nothing more to me. That still proves to me A codes make more hp per cc than hybrids. My opinion, feel free to make your own.

TARM

Reaction score
That is correct, as long as the dyno is consistent from run to run the % difference will be just as accurate. The actual HP number itself in this case is irrelevant as its not an absolute power but a comparison between injectors as the goal

I have not looked at your pricing but would the hybrids be more $$ than the A code from build stand point forgetting HPOP oil usage.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I almost bought his 200/200 but didnt because I had tons of hpo for the 250s. I do like the 200 using less oil.

A 200/80 seems like an awesome injector.

TARM

Reaction score
Maybe not in peak power if it can hold whatever ICP is called for but I certainly noticed a difference in throttle response thus possibly power under the curve as the faster it can ramp up to what is called for the snappier its going to be. Just what I noticed from the seat of my pants with the change. I am sure there is a sliding decrease return on more hpop volume at a certain point. But I noticed more snappy throttle response from my old dual stealth than my srp 1 this seemed to track with the dc %. Now that I am going back to duals after pickup up the setup from Zanes WOP Lighting 7.3 I want to see what is any difference. Not expecting huge differences but again just snappier throttle response from the faster ICP ramp up and more than anything stock HPOP reliability. The Stealth SRP1 is being shelved until some improvements come out if ever. Just do not willing to run the risk of having to replace the bodies of all my injectors because of shavings filling up and causing damage in the oil passages. I will point out that up till now it has not given me one lick of trouble I know of.

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
Maybe not in peak power if it can hold whatever ICP is called for but I certainly noticed a difference in throttle response thus possibly power under the curve as the faster it can ramp up to what is called for the snappier its going to be. Just what I noticed from the seat of my pants with the change.

A set of 250/200s behind a srp1 and a set.behind a stock 17° there will.absolutely be a.difference in their peak outputs as the 17 will drop icp in a hot tune with a 200% nozzle.

An 80 % nozzled anything? Probably not.

IdahoF350

Reaction score
Fwiw my 15* pump would hold between 2800-2900 icp with the 200/80s. It also had 250k on it.

And that's the primary reason I'm considering them myself, a standard 17° pump, without going to anything aftermarket would be perfect, and I could be anywhere on the continent and have a pump within a day without worrying about back orders or availability issues.

With 175/80s, I'd be pushing the limits with a 17° which had me back down to a 160/30, which I can't justify the expense for really, because really, that's just barely enough of an upgrade to get me into the power levels I want.

Sent by my right thumb!

TARM

Reaction score
I can understand if the goal is easy of pump for all times but if its more an issue of you do not want to get stranded for weeks or months waiting on a replacment etc then that IMO is really not much of an issue as you can run just about any injector set even nasty ones on a stock 17 degree pump for just light driving get to work and back kind of stuff. You just will not have fully power. Infact you could even have your tuner make you a tune specifically for a stock pump so PW could be way turned back to handle the the lower volume HPOP. Just saying.

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
I have not looked at your pricing but would the hybrids be more $$ than the A code from build stand point forgetting HPOP oil usage.

Every size we offer, wither a code, b code, hybrid has its own characteristics in design. This is what pricing is based off of. Time spent on assembly, cost of modifications(cnc equipment is not cheap), cost of components. The larger sizes generally require more "balancing" time in the bench to make sure everything works 100% as it should.

Latest posts

Members online