injector builders???

99powerstroke7.3

Reaction score
Who said anything about stock nozzles????? Always have to chime in peoples there threads with nothing but **** to say....if I was looking for stock id drop them off at midwest fuel injection a mile from my job and have them reman them but all they offer is stock rebuilds and thats NOT what im lookin for

bruce

Reaction score
I meant to say larger nozzles, on stock ab's, that's a waste of time. You never said anything about actually increasing capacity.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
We carry Full Force and P.I.S. Both can build what you are looking for. I am assuming you want to convert over to split shot as well, correct?

Anyway, check out the options HERE.

Let me know if you have any questions. Be happy to help you out.

2000f350

Reaction score
I went with rosewood. Took a set of ab's. Made them 160cc with 80% nozzles (his stage 2s) great customer service and support. Answered emails quickly even on saturday and quick turn around. Got them back around a week after I shipped them. As he says on his website though, the ab's usually need alot of work which makes them a premium built. I would definately recommend.

TARM

Reaction score
Just go on the vendor forums and take down the # for each of the builders and give them a call. Go with the one you feel best about. For those size inj I think it would be hard pressed to say anyone over another when it comes to wuality and performance.

I went with Nate @ unlimited who has always treated me great. But honestly with stage 1and 2 level inj any of the following have always gotten great reviews and have strong following :

Nate @ Unlimited Diesel Performance
Dave @ Swamps Diesel Performance
Jim @ Rosewood Performance
Tim @ Performance Injector Systems
Ryan @ Full Force Diesel Performance

All of these guys have great reps and stand behind their work quality performance and durability. Theh all also have notable customer service.

Point being you woulf have a hard row to plow making a bad pick out of that list. So call and choose the one that gives you the best fit and feel for you or play pin the tail on the injector builder. My main recomendation is make the choice for yourself as you are the customer and you have a great list I doubt anyone could make much of an argument against.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Just go on the vendor forums and take down the # for each of the builders and give them a call. Go with the one you feel best about. For those size inj I think it would be hard pressed to say anyone over another when it comes to wuality and performance.

I went with Nate @ unlimited who has always treated me great. But honestly with stage 1and 2 level inj any of the following have always gotten great reviews and have strong following :

Nate @ Unlimited Diesel Performance
Dave @ Swamps Diesel Performance
Jim @ Rosewood Performance
Tim @ Performance Injector Systems
Ryan @ Full Force Diesel Performance

All of these guys have great reps and stand behind their work quality performance and durability. Theh all also have notable customer service.

Point being you woulf have a hard row to plow making a bad pick out of that list. So call and choose the one that gives you the best fit and feel for you or play pin the tail on the injector builder. My main recomendation is make the choice for yourself as you are the customer and you have a great list I doubt anyone could make much of an argument against.

This ^^^^^ and I would also add.....speak with your tuner and ask which injectors he/she had good/bad experiences with.

Billy T.
[email protected]

DHFF

Reaction score
Are you doing anything other than dropping some bigger injectors in it? The reason I ask, is I think its about time I buy a set for my ole gal and I wanted to look at what size would be the best to stay on the stock turbo, but still be ok if I end up with a 38R or a T4 mounted 366. Is there such an injector suitable for both stock/mildly modified induction? Sorry to hijack your thread, but the following answers could potentially be useful to you as well.... :toast:

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Are you doing anything other than dropping some bigger injectors in it? The reason I ask, is I think its about time I buy a set for my ole gal and I wanted to look at what size would be the best to stay on the stock turbo, but still be ok if I end up with a 38R or a T4 mounted 366. Is there such an injector suitable for both stock/mildly modified induction? Sorry to hijack your thread, but the following answers could potentially be useful to you as well.... :toast:

Depends on your goal....a higher HP capable injector will require more supporting mods.

Billy T.
[email protected]

TyCorr

Reaction score
only to make the higher power

That's my biggest issue. I have been running around on 250/200s and everything but valve train has been done. I'm wanting something better than shimmed 910s. A few people have asked me if I'm worried about hurting the motor. No. I accelerate briskly to 60-65 and then cruise control. My truck still doesn't know that it will make 500+ hp. I doubt I've pushed more than 400 hp through it since the first set of 250/200s. Now I've got a new set of PIS' 250/200 in there and the truck hasn't even been ran enough to rid the hop system of air. Much less any wot runs.

TARM

Reaction score

Actually with tuning the size of the injector is gauged more on its top end potential than how low it can be tuned down. Remember these are all computer controlled setups. If a injector can be tuned to only use enough fuel to idle without haze or smoke then you could have it setup to supply no more than stock or hell even under that (just think how little fuel is going thru the injectors at idle) power levels.

So really what you want to consider is going forward how much power do you plan to want to make say a couple years down the line ( of course you could always send them back in to be given larger nozzles and more fuel capacity as an option as well).

After years around these performance 7.3 I have come to the conclusion that there really only needs to be 2 injector sizes outside of the all out performance 400% nozzles. So lets call these street injectors ( yes I know a number of people run 400% on daily drivers but that is certainly not the norm and comes with a number of compromises that unless you "need" them its not worth it.

Street Injectors:

A code 160cc 30% nozzle
Hybrid 300-350cc 200% nozzle

That is it. The 200% these days with the tuning improved vastly over the last 5 yrs are basically as tame as stock when it comes to idle, cruising, towing and daily driver stuff but at the same time can release dragons breath to the tune of upper mid 600 HP if you have everything to support it.

The 30% are the perfect injector for the guy that does not want to have to put in a fuel system, a mid to high vol HPOP, etc..

I will say that IMO all these trucks once that are into the 150K mile should have the valve springs replaced as the stocks are quite weak at this point and you are basically at a min increased Tq and cylinder pressures a good deal. Valves kissing the piston face is not a good thing.

But other than some modes that should be done even 100% stock power levels those 30% injectors are not going to require all sorts of upgrades.

Unless you keep that stock turbo properly wastegated so its not seeing mid 20+ psi boost, even stock injectors with a hot tune can and will eat that turbo for a snack. So honestly that is one area I would plan an upgrade, with the cheapest over all being a 38r, as long as that is where you plan to stop.

Latest posts

Members online