thermostat

swizzles6.0

Reaction score
Anyone running without a thermostat? Was thinking of just removing mine for constant flow

renegade

Reaction score
you need the heat for the engine to work at its best, the hotter the better, within reason. Engine performs much better at 190 to 200 than at 150 for instance, remember heat is energy and the more efficient the engine is at generating power.

swizzles6.0

Reaction score
Good to know...I took it out on my cobra didn't know if I would achieve the same effect...I just put the new Mishimoto rad in and even beating on it I barely see temps in the 190s

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
As said cooler is not better... You don't want it under 190. My truck is 192-198 . maybe 200 after a hard pull. But if you're under 190, you need to swap out your thermostat

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
Hhmm
My truck rarely hits 190, usually stays at 188. Just changed the thermostat too. Guess ill try a different one.

Stroked777

Reaction score
Taking the t stat out can actually overheat a motor. The t stat stops coolant flow just long enough so the heat has time to transfer, with it constantly flowing it doesn't have enough time to transfer heat. So it's a :badidea:

Last edited:

squirtgun

Reaction score
My coolant temps dropped into the upper 170's last week and haven't been over 183 even while towing since. I was thinking the oil cooler was going to take a dump again,but maybe I need to get another thermostat. The one currently in there has only been on a few months. Looks like Ford gets to swap it for free.

Latest posts

Members online