New 7.3L turbo option available!

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
As many of you know, we have carried the Bell HFSB turbo for quite some time, and have had much success with it. It is a very popular turbo option for the person looking to make up to around 550HP. We now have another option for the 7.3L world! That is the Bell FSSB turbo. This turbo utilizes the popular T4 style mount and features a smaller turbine housing compared to the HFSB. This leads to a quicker spool and better throttle response. It shares the exact same compressor wheel as the HFSB turbo, so it moves a lot of air! This turbo is a great option for someone looking to make 350-500HP.

So to sum things up...

HFSB: T4i style mount and good for 425-550HP. Larger exhaust housing provides lower drive pressures and better performance for higher RPM (towing) and higher HP applications.

FSSB: T4 style mount and good for 350-500HP. Smaller exhaust housing provides quicker spool up and response, which is ideal for daily driving applications.

Both turbos utilize the same exact compressor wheel and both have the option for a billet wheel upgrade.

We also offer the Carson Stauffer Diesel mount kits for both of these turbos, so you can pick everything up at one place.

Check out the new Bell FSSB here... http://www.dp-tuner.com/ford-powers.../turbo-upgrades/turbochargers/fssb-turbo.html

Check out the Bell HFSB here... http://www.dp-tuner.com/ford-powers.../turbo-upgrades/turbochargers/hfsb-turbo.html

Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have!

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Nice , pretty soon , pretty soon

Yes, it is another option for the 7.3 turbo market and a very good one at that. Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have about it. :thumbsup:

Sooooooo what happened to the BSFB?

BSFB? Kind of confused as Bell does not have a turbo by that name.

Do you mean the HFSB? If so, it is still an available option on our site.

Baker42

Reaction score
Im more interested in the S369 sxe on a 7.3 truck as I just ordered one. Not trying to hijack but Im curious to hear from anyone running 1

Constructionworker

Reaction score
Do you have any other turbo option for a 96 OBS? This is a work truck that I've been told stage one injectors are perfect for and would like to upgrade the turbo one day but can't see spending 2800 on a turbo.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Do you have any other turbo option for a 96 OBS? This is a work truck that I've been told stage one injectors are perfect for and would like to upgrade the turbo one day but can't see spending 2800 on a turbo.

Unfortunately, there is no good drop in turbo upgrade for an OBS. The only non-stock turbo available for drop in is the D66 which, IMO, performs worse than stock.

The reason for the higher price with kits like this is that they come with all new mounting components. This includes bellowed up-pipes, oil feed, oil drain, pedestal, etc...

You can run stage 1 injectors with a stock turbo and it will work okay. Adding an intercooler will really help though.

Constructionworker

Reaction score
Unfortunately, there is no good drop in turbo upgrade for an OBS. The only non-stock turbo available for drop in is the D66 which, IMO, performs worse than stock.

The reason for the higher price with kits like this is that they come with all new mounting components. This includes bellowed up-pipes, oil feed, oil drain, pedestal, etc...

You can run stage 1 injectors with a stock turbo and it will work okay. Adding an intercooler will really help though.

Would I be better with stock injectors? It's tough to spend more money on stage 1 injectors and the turbo kit than what the truck is worth. Just trying to find the best combo for my work truck

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Would I be better with stock injectors? It's tough to spend more money on stage 1 injectors and the turbo kit than what the truck is worth. Just trying to find the best combo for my work truck

Considering that stage 1 injectors are only about $100 more than stock replacements, it would be wise to go with them and add an intercooler to the truck. You can pick up a used SD intercooler fairly cheap and you can make it work. Then, when you have some more money to spend on the truck, do a turbo upgrade.