How to data log with a dashdaq

dmkolb

Reaction score
I have a newer Dashdaq I got when I was running Spartan tunes. I now just use it to monitor guages. I have tried to data log with it in the past but when I go back to view the log all it shows me are a bunch of different colored staright angle lines draw on top of each other. No numbers and nothing to tell me what the lines are for. I was hoping when I data logged it would record what was currently be monitored and show me the numbers for each of those but that's not happening.

I'm probably doing something wrong so can someone learn me? Will the Dashdaq record the numbers from what I'm monitoring and then play them back for me when I data log or is it not capable of doing this?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
no thats how the dashdaq reads back the info to you.

To read number values it needs to be saved as SimpleCSV and then you need to open it in a spreadsheet kinda sucks actually but it still works

dmkolb

Reaction score
So how do you make out the lines?

And then also how do you adjust what file type it saves it as to open on a computer later?

And if that's the case it sounds like a complete pain in the ass since I have my dashdaq installed on my dash in it's own housing so accessing the memory card is a bitch.

Why wouldn't it just record what your monitoring and play that back for you? As much as these things cost I'm shocked it's this hard to data log on one.

gman1

Reaction score
You're going to have to look at the logs using Excel on a computer. Put the SD card in the computer and open the logs folder. Download the logs to your computer and open them in Microsoft Excel.

If I can do it anybody can. Once you see it on the computer the data logs are pretty cool. Its really not that difficult.