2017 Patriot Tuning Reviews

Monotalonawd

Reaction score
Even without the 6468 vgt turbo you put on, I heard the new beta 2.01 even with a stock turbo, the raised shift schedule and QR is awesome! Im still running the 1.5.7 SOTF file for now mainly because I havent had even the slightest issues, and Im still running stock tires (lame). Ill be getting 37s in the next month, so once I get the bigger tires, Ill request the 2.01 from them to get that raised shift schedule to help with the larger tires. Glad you are liking that QR file though, makes me excited to try one if it reminds you of the 6.4 low end response/grunt.

Oh yeah! It is actually not as brutal as a 310 spar tan tuned 6.4 but it is the closest thing :D

You just gave to get used to the enhanced pedal feel since when you let off the gas after wot it feels like you are slamming the throttle valve shut... Even though there is no throttle on a diesel. It boosts the sensitivity of the pedal position input.

Since i don't really have tuning for the added airflow capacity of that 6468 i believe it behaves as good as a stock turbo truck

Monotalonawd

Reaction score
Pretty much anyone can. You'll just have to contact Patriot (Jeff Dodd, Spade Bailey) and they can likely send it to you. Its by request only though at this point and havent made a public release yet.

I got it through Jeff and you have the options of v2.01 with normal or raised shift schedule... All with Quick response tuning. But only with the 600 HP tune at this time. Didn't try the normal one since the raised fits my style of driving better.

Reaction score
Oh yeah! It is actually not as brutal as a 310 spar tan tuned 6.4 but it is the closest thing :D

You just gave to get used to the enhanced pedal feel since when you let off the gas after wot it feels like you are slamming the throttle valve shut... Even though there is no throttle on a diesel. It boosts the sensitivity of the pedal position input.

Since i don't really have tuning for the added airflow capacity of that 6468 i believe it behaves as good as a stock turbo truck

Do you have traction bars? If not, this may help that hard let off you are feeling. Probably feeling a lot of the rear springs loading and unloading because the of big torque amounts. May be worth looking into.

Monotalonawd

Reaction score
Do you have traction bars? If not, this may help that hard let off you are feeling. Probably feeling a lot of the rear springs loading and unloading because the of big torque amounts. May be worth looking into.

I had traction bars on my 2016 f250 and yes i confirm it made a big difference in the way it shifted. I will probably install a set on my new truck but the torque is still really manageable with the stiffer springs on the new '17 f350. The hard let off is not felt with the normal 600 HP, just the QR 600 HP. But i am not complaining, really easy to get used to. :D

Turbine actually measures right at 61MM IIRC

There might be some confusion about the compressor and turbine size... Stock '15-'17 compressor wheel inducer is 61mm and exhaust turbine exducer is 66mm. I know the 6.7 is a more efficient engine but i would be surprised to discover that we got a smaller gt37 turbine wheel than a 6.0 powerstroke

maxxedout

Reaction score
I think the stock turbine exducer is 63mm.

The stock turbine is a unique design that allows it to be more efficient than you would expect. I had one of the early 64mm Street Max turbos on my 2012, and I remember discussing the stock turbine in great deal with Morgan. He did a ton of testing with different compressor wheels to see how much you could squeeze out of the truck before the boost/ebp ratio was no longer ideal. Long story short, unless you were shooting for well over 600 HP, the stock turbine worked just fine.

On the aftermarket side, I believe 66mm and 70mm turbines have been tried. The 66mm didn’t make enough of a difference to be worth the cost of the upgrade, and the 70mm was really only necessary in applications where people were shooting for north of 650 HP.

I think AP’s turbo has a 68mm turbine, which might be a good “happy medium”.

Latest posts

Members online