P041D

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
Background: my truck had a full diet from the PO, with a single tune. Seems like a stock power offroad tune, but I don’t know who’s tunes or anything about it.

I replaced my thermostats tonight to get temps up, get heat, and get rid of the code.

When I fired it up to leave I was getting a CEL again for P041D. I cleared it a few times but it keeps coming back. I’m also getting the OBD not ready code too, but I assume that’s from the 41D.

What could cause an egr code on a truck that doesn’t have one? Shouldn’t that have been tuned out?

I’ve put close to a thousand miles on the truck since my rebuild and I never had this code pop before.

All things considered I’ll get it retuned but I really don’t want to spend the money if I don’t have to. I’m fine with my current power. It barely smokes which I love, considering I have no sticker and drive a lot on the interstate. Less attention the better.

webb06

Reaction score
Has the code been present since buying the truck? Gearbox z tuning will set this code when egr system is removed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Connor M

Reaction score
Has the code been present since buying the truck? Gearbox z tuning will set this code when egr system is removed

Code hasn’t popped up until now. I’ve driven about 1800 miles since I bought it.

Connor M

Reaction score
50dd8b38ef266023277ab7d580a69d0f.jpg

Bumpity bump. My dashdaq has no clue what the tune is. Every time I clear the code it pops back up.

Latest posts

Members online