2017 Tuning Change

Reaction score
With the recent news last week that Patriot has closed its doors (or had its doors forced closed), Im stuck in a bad situation with no support with a device I wont be able to sell. I have an nGauge device thats locked only to Patriot and my truck. It apparently can be relicensed to a different tuner by Emotion (the company that makes the nGauge), but they wont respond to any of my emails in the last 2 weeks. If I can manage to get ahold of them to get my device relicensed to another company, I have to decide on whos tuning to go with now. It sounds like Chaos is the front runner for tuning on the nGauge device currently, but wondering if anyone can compare. Has anyone made the switch from Patriot to Chaos for 2017+ tuning?

So either it sounds like I have to spend $500 do get the nGauge relicensed and new tunes installed, or switch all together to EZlynk for $1300+ where Ill have more options. Obviously in a perfect world where money was no object, Id be going the EZlynk route and being done with this. Unfortunately, I have to be more budget conscience. But I wont even be able to sell my Patriot nGauge as I cant get it unlocked from Patriot to switch to someone elses truck. So Ill have an expensive paper weight laying around unless I can at least get it switched to another tuner. Either way, if anyone has made the switch from Patriot to Chaos, or has any other advice in this situation, Id love to hear it!

strokin20

Reaction score
You wont be disappointed with Chaos. I like to play with different tunes and tuners, so I have an EZ with TSD and Chaos. Chaos always comes out with new revisions. Numerous ecm and TCM tunes to pick from. I actually like the Chaos and TSD TCM tunes the best. At the moment, I am actually running the 600 OST Patriot with a TSD TCM FILE. Seems to be working very well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ckrueg

Reaction score
They posted up all the files so you could run those tunes until you figure something out

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
You wont be disappointed with Chaos. I like to play with different tunes and tuners, so I have an EZ with TSD and Chaos. Chaos always comes out with new revisions. Numerous ecm and TCM tunes to pick from. I actually like the Chaos and TSD TCM tunes the best. At the moment, I am actually running the 600 OST Patriot with a TSD TCM FILE. Seems to be working very well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for the input! With nGauge and how different it is that EZlynk, Im just wondering how people with the nGauge like it. It seems like there are a lot of options to choose from on the EZ side, so just curious as to what tunes you get for the nGauge side being that the engine and trans files are all in one when you load them. That OST seems nice and all, but definitely not going to buy a nDash after all this. I either have to cut my losses on the nGauge and move to EZ, or try to make this work. Still not decided yet.

Reaction score
They posted up all the files so you could run those tunes until you figure something out

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yeah, I already had all the files from them up until the latest beta update. Ive been running the latest and greatest for a couple months now. Just need to start something new and try another direction with them closing the doors. Support is a wonderful thing when you pay good money for tuning and devices. So I always want to have that option if something comes up. Which right now, there is zero support. I havent even been able to get ahold of Emotion yet to get my device possibly unlocked to try Chaos. So Im kindve getting frustrated with the whole deal. Its been over two weeks of waiting for them and crickets. The worst part is I wont even be able to sell my nGauge if its locked to my truck. Because now with Patriot done, I cant even get the device unlocked if someone else wanted to run it. Im probably just going to have to bite the bullet on this one and blow a lot of money on EZlynk. I was just hoping to avoid that route due to cost.

strokin20

Reaction score
Thank you for the input! With nGauge and how different it is that EZlynk, Im just wondering how people with the nGauge like it. It seems like there are a lot of options to choose from on the EZ side, so just curious as to what tunes you get for the nGauge side being that the engine and trans files are all in one when you load them. That OST seems nice and all, but definitely not going to buy a nDash after all this. I either have to cut my losses on the nGauge and move to EZ, or try to make this work. Still not decided yet.
The ez is extremely easy to use. As far as unlocking your nGauge, I just bought a used one for my wife's expedition that was set up by MPTuners. I sent it to gear head and they were able to unlock it for me so I'll be able to use their tuning on the expedition. You might check with whoever you're wanting to get tunes from and see if they can do the same.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
The ez is extremely easy to use. As far as unlocking your nGauge, I just bought a used one for my wife's expedition that was set up by MPTuners. I sent it to gear head and they were able to unlock it for me so I'll be able to use their tuning on the expedition. You might check with whoever you're wanting to get tunes from and see if they can do the same.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yeah I checked with Chaos. The problem is the nGauge is licensed only to one tuner at a time. Emotion is the only one that can transfer licenses from one tuner to another. Once its licensed to that tuner, then the tuner can unlock the tuning device for another truck. The problem is Patriot is no longer and they are the only ones that can unlock my ngauge to another truck using Patriot tuning. And they cant be reached. So i have to switch the license to another tuner (chaos for example), then I could be able to unlock it from my truck once he would be the new tuner. Its all so much fun sounding right? haha

BK39

Reaction score
ouch..........I didn't know Patriot was forced to close doors. That sucks. Is there a link to the topic/reason?

Latest posts

Members online