Fuel rail pressure

patc11

Reaction score
What should I be seeing. Idle I'm about 5k and only took it to work which was down the block and hit around 11k with higher rpms. No codes as my dumb ass probably cleared it when I first got it.

Stroked777

Reaction score
The rail pressure in these trucks can go anywhere from 4.7k at idle all the way up to 25k. I would only worry about rail pressure if it starts to not hold pressure at wot, on a big race tune, 1.9-2.1 pw, if it won't hold 24.5k at wot, then the pump itself is getting weak

1sicpsd

Reaction score
Run a side action fuel bowl delete Block. You will see a big increase in rail pressure at wot. And it will hold it there also.

1sicpsd

Reaction score
From the testing we have done. With his delete block. is that the factory bowl does not pressurize the fuel Goin to the hpfp with his block you will see pressure going out of it to the hpfp. get a hold of him for a better idea. But with my truck I'm running a fuellab 100 gph pump his delete block and my spartan on 350 I will hold rail at 26ish all day

sootie

Reaction score
that's odd, was your stock filter plugged when you did the testing?
your truck is stock fuel and stock turbo?

White_monster

Reaction score
probably because the regulator is turned up higher than factory spec he is getting more system pressure. Doesn't make a difference. Fuel bowl just isn't a restriction, its done for cleaning up the engine bay.

Latest posts

Members online