Transmission Information Help

ChesapeakeChiller

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have been lurking around awile and now could use some assistance, thanks in advance. I have searched the forums and the ford site for information but have been getting conflicting information and was hoping someone could help.

I own a 2008 F250 King Ranch 6.4L Manf. 10/07 43,000 miles (only owned a few months now)

Just finished doing oil, fuel fillters and I dont like the look of my trainsmission fluid (some grit on stick) and want to change it myself but having trouble finding the correct information.

What fluid? (assume a motorcraft fluid)
8 Quarts, fill through dip tube?
Do I have a filter in pan?
What filter P#?
Any tips or things to look for?

On a side note my oil was well above full when I changed it and I assume fuel was in it. I will be doing a delete kit next month and the search I have done seems like the delete may acutually solve my problem but will keep an eye on the oil level. If anyone has any other tips to add to this as well it would be apreciated.

Thanks,
J.T.

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
Look up sunshine ford vender on here, give him your vin & he'll hook you up w/everything. Fill from dip stick tube by intake, check level warm in (N) & for fluid your gonna hear all kinds of stuff but one isn't made anymore so I just used MC mercon LV w/8.5+qt due to my external filter on my rig. As far as other tips, delete ASAP and again I believe there are tons of vendors that are willing to help & prob will chime in. Good luck

ChesapeakeChiller

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I found MPD will do a hot flush/filter at reasonable cost so I am going that route to make sure its done right instead of just changing fluid/filter myself.

Stroked777

Reaction score
grit on the stick can be from the dipstick tube its self, i know on my truck when i pull the dipstick out you can feel it drag past a rough spot (near the exhaust) its rust i believe

sootie

Reaction score
i would upgrade to the 2010 filter and pan at the same time

Latest posts

Members online