Regret Buying the '17 F350?

6.7w0rkhors3

Reaction score
Alright fellas, do rip me a new one here just speaking my mind a bit.

I am new but as you can see I bought a '17 F350 King Ranch Dually.
I have been noticing that my dash/gps system freaks the F*** out switching from fay time to night time in the middle of the day.
Have gad issues with my damn truck door opening when I have hit a bump and bow is F** cause I was towing and didnt noticed it was down and got caught with the trailers handle .
Also, my trans over heating with medium towing(15k I consider that light as hell for a truck like this) my ecoboost 2.7 did that no problem.
And now to top everything off, every time I hit a bump, my passenger seat starts vibrating.

So you guys tell me what would you think a this point when the truck is 2 months old and 33k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6.7w0rkhors3

Reaction score
Umm... Ever think about taking it to the dealer?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Of course my friend lol...common sense right?
I took it in for the trans issue, nothing found.
They couldn't even find the issue with the steering wheel that makes noise.
And to be honest, you'd think buying a 75-80k dollar truck would require no taking it to the dealer for while.
Anyways, they are not going to find a darn thing. Dealers are dealers and with the amount of miles I put on the truck I will be out of warranty by the end of next month.
Also, taking it to the dealer means not money, my business relies on this truck and so does my family and all my bills lol

superpsd

Reaction score
Besides the fact that a new truck payment would be more than I want to deal with right now. These issues with the new job 1 - 17 trucks is what has me waiting to see how these trucks pan out. Hope you get it sorted out. I assume it's still under warranty why not take it in?

6.7w0rkhors3

Reaction score
Besides the fact that a new truck payment would be more than I want to deal with right now. These issues with the new job 1 - 17 trucks is what has me waiting to see how these trucks pan out. Hope you get it sorted out. I assume it's still under warranty why not take it in?

I will literally set this damn truck on fire and let my insurance cover it if the dealer doesnt take care of me which they wont, they never do. But hey positive thing attracts positive so lets be positive.
I am a die hard Ford fan and always have had mustang and other fords and never an issue.

superpsd

Reaction score
Might need a new dealer for future purchases. As for Job 1 vehicles it's a roll of the dice. Yall a bunch of Guinea pigs running around being test rats lol. I'm betting they will have a lot of the growing pains worked out by 18-19 trade up before your warranty expires . I still want to see if Ford will follow GMs lead and kick Bosch for the Denso system.

Last edited:

6.7w0rkhors3

Reaction score
Might need a new dealer for future purchases. As for Job 1 vehicles it's a roll of the dice. Yall a bunch of Guinea pigs running around being test rats lol. I'm betting they will have a lot of the growing pains worked out by 18-19 trade up before your warranty expires.

Roght cause you roll the dice on an 80 grand truck.

6.7w0rkhors3

Reaction score
Could hang a fuzzy pair of dice from the mirror for better luck.

Ahh I see an ass...I am sure you are a nice fellow but why dont you keep you cum dumpster shut unless something other than dead babies are going to come out of your mouth...thanks buddy. Really was hoping for a different audience than you.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
This thread should be good... Honestly find another dealer,I have 4 local and 3 are ass hats. One just fixes things.

superpsd

Reaction score
Ahh I see an ass...I am sure you are a nice fellow but why dont you keep you cum dumpster shut unless something other than dead babies are going to come out of your mouth...thanks buddy. Really was hoping for a different audience than you.

What did you expect us to give you a hug and reach around and tell you everything is going to be OK. Don't know why your so pissed about my comment. Either find a better dealer or learn how to wrench on your own Ferrari truck like real men do. This is powerstrokearmy not powerstrokepussies

Last edited:

6.7w0rkhors3

Reaction score
What did you expect us to give you a hug and reach around and tell you everything is going to be OK. Don't know why your so pissed about my comment. Either find a better dealer or learn how to wrench on your own Ferrari truck like real men do.

Took you long enough to google what to write...alright Mr Real Man...although that reach around would be quite joyful.

superpsd

Reaction score
Lol. I had my fun. Good luck with your 80K aluminum rattle can. I would be pissed off as well. Also sorry I can't help you with the reach around and hugging makes me uncomfortable. Maybe someone else will lend you a shoulder to cry on.

Jomax

Reaction score
For the tailgate, are you sure you didn't hit the button on the remote accidentally?

For the trans. What temp did it reach?

For the sync 3 I had that happen on a 2016 Lincoln Navigator. I reset the sync and it hasn't done it since. I'd try that.

For the pass seat vibrating. Do you mean the massage seat turns on? Or it just vibrates after hitting a bump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.7w0rkhors3

Reaction score
For the tailgate, are you sure you didn't hit the button on the remote accidentally?

For the trans. What temp did it reach?

For the sync 3 I had that happen on a 2016 Lincoln Navigator. I reset the sync and it hasn't done it since. I'd try that.

For the pass seat vibrating. Do you mean the massage seat turns on? Or it just vibrates after hitting a bump?

For the tailgate I thought so as well, but it has happens while driving down the road.

239-249 reaching almost red line level and the boise the motor makes or trans sounds like a freaking jet engine.

As for the vibration is just random, not the actual massaging activating.

Also, the sync3 I already have reset that thing multiple times after it freaks out.

Thanks

Jomax

Reaction score
For the tailgate I thought so as well, but it has happens while driving down the road.

239-249 reaching almost red line level and the boise the motor makes or trans sounds like a freaking jet engine.

As for the vibration is just random, not the actual massaging activating.

Also, the sync3 I already have reset that thing multiple times after it freaks out.

Thanks

Can you check the secondary coolant system when you get a chance? Maybe they didn't put enough coolant in there. The trans gets cooled off of that system.

For the tailgate. When driving do you keep your keys in your pocket? If you're sure it's not you accidentally hitting the key button. Only thing I can think of is the latch isn't adjusted right. If the gate falls when hitting a bump, You should be able to open it by messing with it, simulating like you're hitting a bump, pulling on it etc.

For the sync, maybe they have an update out or they're in the process of making an update to fix this issue.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Finding a good dealer with competent techs isn't very easy. I worked at the dealer I bought my stuff from. When I wasn't happy with the service I got on my 15 F150 I went right to my salesman, and his manager (who I've known for a decade) and told them straight up, if I'm not 100% satisfied next time I'm in here you have a 0 chance in hell of selling me my next 80k$ truck. If that salesman even thinks I'm coming in for anything he bends over backwards and follows up for me. That's what a god dealership does. It's an integrated system where they keep each other honest. But, they have to have good techs and a good service manager to go with the sales staff.Russ at my dealership is one of the top 20 techs Ford has. he's been to that tech competition many times and won a couple. Luck and being clear are on your side.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
And I would go right to the finance manager tomorrow and buy a bumper to bumper extended warranty. I did that knowing I would void the engine warranty right away for one reason, the vast amount of electronics.

Latest posts

Members online