6.0 oil cooler coolant leak

Honeydew_OBS

Reaction score
Working on an 04 f250, did studs, welded egr cooler, new oil cooler because deltas had a 20*+ spread. Put all back together, starts leaking coolant from the back of the block down the bellhousing. More investigation shows leaking out of the key shaped o ring on the coolant inlet side of the oil cooler. Pull back apart to check o ring and possible nicks in it, none so I toss the it back together and pressure test. Still leaking so I put some right stuff on it just to see if it'll seal with that and still no go leaks just the same. Plate was torqued to spec so no warpage. I've done some searching and nobody else has had this issue so maybe someone has dealt with this before and can shed some light on this issue. This is the gasket just behind the donut o ring on the water pump.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Clean all corrosion out of the channel? Also there is a weephole up there, make sure nothing else could be leaking

Honeydew_OBS

Reaction score
Yep all clean, that weep hole is an oil bypass I believe? Something along those lines but I'm thinking the engine oil adapter plate is warped so I'm gonna try a new one.

Latest posts

Members online