O2ShootTheJ's Build Thread

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Just finished up! Changed both filters and new fluid. The TP filter was pretty dirty. There was some metal in the magnet but hit too bad I expected worse.

How long does it usually take to get to those spots to fix the leak? Adam texted me and told me to let him know what I find that he will cover it under warranty so props to him and Strokers Unlimited for the great customer service! Just trying to figure out my schedule with school Adam is a hour and a half from me

Derkperk

Reaction score
If its the drivers side valve cover leaking, it's a pretty quick job to get it opened up and a new gasket installed. The passenger side is a bit tighter.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
it's definitely the drivers side so that's good!

Side note, are new dip sticks white on the end? Mine is a light brown and it's nearly impossible to see the synthetic oil on it.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Okay 2 questions

1. When I unlock my truck with the keyless entry the only lights that come on are the some lights inside. No tail or parking lights flash or come in or anything. Is this normal? My 6.4 wasn't like that

2. What causes these trucks to have a dead spot? Gearing, turbo, motor?

swinky

Reaction score
Interior lights when you unlock, exterior when you lock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

TyCorr

Reaction score
Where and what is this "dead spot"? I am having trouble relating. I never realized it I guess. Its been a while.since I drove a 6L. Well a buddies this.summer but there wasnt a tame spot in that.sucker.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Keyless entry unlock only turns on interior lights on the 6.0s.

Interior lights when you unlock, exterior when you lock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

Wish you could change that...be nice to see when i'm walking out to the truck.

Mostly tuning. What turbo are you running?

the stock one. Basically stock everything on the truck other than egr delete, studs, and exhaust.

Where and what is this "dead spot"? I am having trouble relating. I never realized it I guess. Its been a while.since I drove a 6L. Well a buddies this.summer but there wasnt a tame spot in that.sucker.

right around 45 mph it'll just bog and be gutless and have to downshift for any acceleration to happen

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Also unrelated but while installing my AMP steps today I believe I stripped some wires/cuased a short in the rubber hose going from the driver door to the cab (none of my switches work and my steps have a seizure when I open the door, lol). Is there a easy way to pull it back or should I just cut it and then seal it back up with silicone?

05wh250

Reaction score
Did you have the turbo cleaned while it was apart? If you did, might have to have the shift point raised, mine wouldn't go into overdrive until 52 mph with the stock turbo.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
I honestly have no clue. My dads truck seems to have more power on a idp non studded street tune and lights quicker, but I never put it to the floor either it was snowy

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
I honestly have no clue. My dads truck seems to have more power on a idp non studded street tune and lights quicker, but I never put it to the floor either it was snowy

Have you tried switching tunes? Mine is a little lethargic if I try to hop on it while cruising. Honestly felt a little snappier when I first got it(probably used to it now though lol), seems to hold in gear longer than I'd expect if I mash it at 50-60. Seems sluggish til the rpms get up. I'd prefer it to downshift and/or unlock the converter. I'm not gonna waste money on tunes yet though. I'll wait til I get studded tunes before I really play w/ it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk