2008 f-250 diesel with no heat...?

Baker58

Reaction score
2008 f-250 6.4 around 150,000 miles.

Blower in dash works, will switch between vents, floor, and defrost.

But no heat at all...

Any ideas...???

Thanks in advance!!!

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Whats the temp say on the dash? Any signs of coolant puking from the degas bottle?

If all that is good probably the blend door, pretty sure the dash has to come out for that

Dzchey21

Reaction score
You mean coolant hasn't been coming out?

If not then it's probably the blend door.
If it is then it needs head gaskets

Charles

Reaction score
Open the glove box, push in on the sides where the "stops" catch behind the face of the dash and allow the glovebox to swing down toward the floorboard (your sh*t will fall out so move it).

Look directly behind where the glovebox used to be. If the newer trucks are still like the older ones, then you should see a white plastic square looking guy sitting on top of the HVAC duct with a wiring harness plugged into it.

Key the truck on and switch your heat setting all the way cold and listen for that motor to run. That motor is responsible for moving the blend door back and forth. If you don't hear it running when you shift the heat setting from full cold to full hot and vice versa, then the motor is burned out, come unplugged, so on and so forth. If you hear it running but it sounds like broken crap, then the gears are probably stripped or the blend door is broken in some way. If it's the gears you can replace the little module. If it's the blend door, you'd have to see if you could access it, if not it really only takes about 10 minutes to completely remove the entire dash as a unit.

If all sounds good though, and you are pretty sure the blend door is in fact moving back and forth, then next step is removing the lines from the heater core out under the hood and blowing back through it with a water hose to get the little black "crud" out of it, as it's probably stopped up.

Again..... all the above is assuming the newer trucks work in the same manner as my 99 in terms of the HVAC location and function.

Last edited:

Baker58

Reaction score
Truck is now "overheating". The little wrench comes on in the dash.

The truck goes into safe mode... Then a few min later it cools down and runs fine for 20-30 min and then does it again...

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I had a similar issue a few years back, ended up being the thermostats were bad. Pretty common on 6.4's, when it was cold out I could barely get the temp up to 125* after driving it for an hour. Yet when it was warm out I had to watch the temp because it did the total opposite and ran hot. Might be worth checking, its a cheap and easy fix.

08_Superduty

Reaction score
I had a similar issue with my truck, the heater wouldn't work, and then the truck overheated. Had to take it into the ford dealership and they said one of the radiators stopped working

Charles

Reaction score
My post was assuming the engine was working fine and you simply had no heat in the cab. If the actual engine temps are screwy, then you need to be looking at what was suggested by others, like your T-stat(s).

Reaction score
P0297 Vehicle Overspeed Condition

couldnt find p012f but found this

P0128 Coolant Thermostat (Coolant Temperature Below Thermostat Regulating Temperature)

Last edited: