AC compressor multiple failures

powerlifter405

Reaction score
2 years ago I had the AC system serviced, new napa compressor. 5 months new unit#1 dies, intermittent / partial clutch engagement Shop fixed under warrant w/ new parts round #2, flush etc. and all is good.

8,000 miles later AC compressor #2 blows the seals in the clutch and dyed refrigerant everywhere. The shop does the full meal deal and I'm out the door with Napa unit #3.

50 miles later unit #3 quits working/no clutch engagement.

All units were napa (only brand they use) and now they are claiming that the compressor is overheating. I removed the radiator stator a long time back and the claim to fame is there is no air flow over the compressor. Thats a WTF claim IMHO. I can't see how the stator directs airflow over the compressor.
I have no overheating issues, my transmission is always in the 160-170 range so I don't believe their is an airflow issue.

Any ideas?

powerlifter405

Reaction score
I talked w/ another shop that I just found and he says that w/ the excessive growth that was experienced by the shop I went to, it tripled in size over the last 2 years, that they basically could be short on good techs.

But three in a row seems like it also may be a combination of the tech not flushing the system correctly or not at all and the napa cr@p is the other culprit.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Napa stuff, and really any parts store stuff is typically a crap shoot. Hell ive gone through 5 alternators before i got one that charged. Ford chit aint a ton better, but it does seem to be some.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Sounds like my luck w/ power steering pumps and steering gears. Had numerous gears and even two redheads before it worked. The pw steering pumps always start leaking and groaning.

I got new ford front axle hubs w/ all new seals and of course the ESOF didn't work. The seal on the knuckle leaked so I had to pull everything off and I put a thin bead of harbor freight red RTV and viola it works. But that p!ssed me off i spent several hundred on NIB ford parts and they don't work right out of the box PLUS the ABS wiring harness was messed up.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I dont see anything related... If you were seizing compressors, then yea, system was still full of debris. But these are not related.... Try a new brand

Latest posts

Members online