Latest project diesel ranger

superdutyfarmer

Reaction score
Haven't got a chance to check out the forums much lately. Just finished up my daily commuter. 99 ranger with a Mercedes diesel under the hood, jeep 5 speed tranny, runs pretty good, 29mpg with 410 rears that are going ASAP for some 305 or similar
image_zpscc648d6c.jpg

superdutyfarmer

Reaction score
Ill try and get more pics up later on, swap wasn't too bad, just had to make time to do it between working in everybody else's stuff. The hoodstack and a little bit of smoke at red lights makes a lot of people scratch their head

superdutyfarmer

Reaction score
Had to relocate the radiator to in front of the header panel and remove the original hood latch, looks ricerish but there was a reason

superdutyfarmer

Reaction score
First engine was blue, turned out it rusted fast while waiting for the transplant and broke a ring upon hitting the key the first time. Got another engine cheap and painted the second one apex red so it would think its a cummins

sootie

Reaction score
First engine was blue, turned out it rusted fast while waiting for the transplant and broke a ring upon hitting the key the first time. Got another engine cheap and painted the second one apex red so it would think its a cummins

LOL

superdutyfarmer

Reaction score
A turbo engine is rated at 125, I took out the rack limiter, deleted the afc, blocked off the wastegate, runs pretty good, hauled about 1k in weights over the mountain at 70mph last night on the way to the truck pull. With the 4.10 rear that is in it now, you never really have to downshift out of od on the highway. EGT maxes out at 1100 on a real long hard pull and the little turbo sings at 20-22psi with no trouble. Im not going to push it any farther, I just built it to commute to work and it does that just nicely

Latest posts

Members online