Towing light on race tune?

Corys6.0

Reaction score
My truck is studded, ******d etc. Right now I am running the ULTIMATE X tune from IDP. Can I tow my car in this tune? Car and trailer is less than 5k pounds. This may be stupid question to you guys, but don’t wanna switch tunes around if I don’t have too. I also have a CTS2 on the truck I can monitor things if you guys say it’s ok but watch some things. Thanks for the help.

Decker

Reaction score
Not saying you can't do it. But it's preferred to switch to a tow tune. It only takes like a min or two to switch. But have towed plenty of times on my hotter tunes (Xtreme x & Spd) with no problem. Really need watch you egts as they tend to get hotter on a race file. Also your trans won't like it as much as shift points are tad bit different.

So in short yes you can, Just watch your egts.

Corys6.0

Reaction score
Not saying you can't do it. But it's preferred to switch to a tow tune. It only takes like a min or two to switch. But have towed plenty of times on my hotter tunes (Xtreme x & Spd) with no problem. Really need watch you egts as they tend to get hotter on a race file. Also your trans won't like it as much as shift points are tad bit different.

So in short yes you can, Just watch your egts.

With that being said, where should my EGT’s be?

sootie

Reaction score
you will be fine. just pay attention to temps and dont drive it like its empty.

Jomax

Reaction score
It’s a 6.0. But I say you’re fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decker

Reaction score
Stay below 1200 and You'll be fine.1300 is the max you might hit. You can reach it, just not for a long time.

Latest posts

Members online