Fuel leak

buff678

Reaction score
So, gave in and took truck to diesel shop. They're telling me that #8 injector is bad or the wired valve cover gasket. I can believe that with how the truck has being running since the last fuel filter cap episode that happened, now a few weeks ago. They could not answer me though if that would solve the slow drip leak out of the drain tube from the bowl. So, can a non functioning injector cause a back up in fuel pressure that can't be compensated for by the relief valve? And can injectors fail slowly or just stop working completely? This is becoming a real head scratcher.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
The injector and fuel leak are two separate items. Again you can get a fuel pressure gauge and see what pressure you got.

buff678

Reaction score
Gave in and took truck to diesel shop. They had it for a week and a half. They did not see any fuel leak from drain tube. Got it back a few days ago and been driving it and fuel is still dripping from drain tube and shutting of weird. They checked pressure and said it was fine. I'm at a lose here guys. I don't have the money currently to do the fuel bowl ****** kit. I hope there is something simple I'm still missing.

buff678

Reaction score
So the slow drip leak has been solved, I hope. Replaced o-rings on water drain valve that I had replaced almost 1 year to the day. Chunk missing from the o-ring, probably due to opening and closing the valve numerous times from the fuel filter cap issue. Can't seem to figure out how to add photo to post. Thanks to all for suggestions. Next up, injectors glow plugs and other minor upgrades.

Members online

No members online now.