Valve spring/pushrod questions

Reaction score
Getting ready to send heads to the machine shop for hg job. Truck is stock fuel and turbo. At what point do you guys say it's worth the money to upgrade valvetrain with no cam change? Or is it ever needed? Truck will one day see a significant fuel/air increase. Just trying to make a decision before I send it off

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Yes. Do lifters springs and pushrods now. Lifters as a type of maintenance item while youre in there. Springs and pushrods for future updgrades. Plus, i dont know how many miles are on your truck, but i think stock springs are only around 60#, and they are probably weaker now from extended use. With the lifters out, check the cam very closely for any abnormal wear, and replace it if necessary. You will be kicking your own ass if it eats a lifter 6 months after its done. Highly recommend o ringing while the heads are at the machine shop too.

jrex2506

Reaction score
I did new ford lifters and billet push rods. just money well spent while its all apart. depending on how you run it if you have the coin I would do springs now. I couldn't afford the springs at the time and now kicking myself for not doing it with the motor out.

Reaction score
Truck has 155k I plan on O-ringing. Is everyone using stock lifters and what about valve springs? I'd love to do them just depends on budget

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I used all rcd stuff. Cam, lifters, pishrods, and springs. Their springs are 120#, pushrods are 6.4 length.

Latest posts

Members online