Real Tuning

Jomax

Reaction score
If you were running the original "export tune" i would say yea i agree. But stock 6.7's are animals.. even in my 9100 lb cclb. Tip in and response is best ive ever had in a stock truck. Somethings not right for sure.

I agree. My 15 stock had that annoying delay when you punched it. It seems for the 17s, they fixed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qzillanut

Reaction score
The fact that you are comparing a dinosaur 7.3 to a brand new 6.7 right off the bat tells me something is wrong with your new truck. Your mileage "may" be better on your old 7.3 yes, it did not have emissions but a stock 7.3 wont even come close to a 6.7 for power and speed. There isn't even a comparison there to be had.

My old 7.3 was I guess what you’d call max effort for stock injectors. I failed to mention that. Big exhaust, cold air, big hp oil pump, 38r turbo, shift kit, and custom tunes. I’m not exaggerating at all on the 0-60. I actually tested it with some cell phone app on the original test drive. All that being said, and knowing that ford de-tuned these things in the first 3 gears basically so they won’t spin....I’m not surprised on the take off. But the mileage is what’s really pissing me off. I can milk as good of mileage out of mine in town as what it’s getting on the highway. 70 mph flat ground I’m seeing about 15 on the lie-o-meter, and that’s basically what my running average is. I hand calculated the last tank and it was basically 15 mpg as well. If I babied my old 7.3 as much as I’m babying this one, I’d get 17.5-18. I only have 1400 miles on it, so I’m hoping it gets better, but so far I’m not impressed.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
My old 7.3 was I guess what you’d call max effort for stock injectors. I failed to mention that. Big exhaust, cold air, big hp oil pump, 38r turbo, shift kit, and custom tunes. I’m not exaggerating at all on the 0-60. I actually tested it with some cell phone app on the original test drive. All that being said, and knowing that ford de-tuned these things in the first 3 gears basically so they won’t spin....I’m not surprised on the take off. But the mileage is what’s really pissing me off. I can milk as good of mileage out of mine in town as what it’s getting on the highway. 70 mph flat ground I’m seeing about 15 on the lie-o-meter, and that’s basically what my running average is. I hand calculated the last tank and it was basically 15 mpg as well. If I babied my old 7.3 as much as I’m babying this one, I’d get 17.5-18. I only have 1400 miles on it, so I’m hoping it gets better, but so far I’m not impressed.

Buy a Prius

Black AOD

Reaction score

That's because the 7.3 didn't have emissions equipment either and your truck has modifications to allow more airflow and more fuel...the stuff on these new trucks really hinders free flowing air

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Buy a Prius
both of you know that something aint right with his truck. that is the first complaint i have ever heard about with the new 6.7s.
That's because the 7.3 didn't have emissions equipment either and your truck has modifications to allow more airflow and more fuel...the stuff on these new trucks really hinders free flowing air
my 7.3 dually and my 2012 6.7 are neck and neck. sad i know but they are... they make the same power and i have the same amount of money into them both.. obviously that includes purchase price also but still, both cost the same and both run the same.. lol

live life full throttle

Black AOD

Reaction score
both of you know that something aint right with his truck. that is the first complaint i have ever heard about with the new 6.7s.my 7.3 dually and my 2012 6.7 are neck and neck. sad i know but they are... they make the same power and i have the same amount of money into them both.. obviously that includes purchase price also but still, both cost the same and both run the same.. lol

live life full throttle
Well yeah modded to stock I believe that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Black AOD

Reaction score
both mine are modded. neither are stock. both have 50k + wraped up into them. both make 450hp.

live life full throttle
Oh I misunderstood, my bad. I'm not totally surprised actually....the older trucks weighed less. So if both make same HP....weight would be the biggest factor then. Although a 7.3 dually would be harder I'd think to get off the line with 4 rear tires versus your srw 6.7

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Oh I misunderstood, my bad. I'm not totally surprised actually....the older trucks weighed less. So if both make same HP....weight would be the biggest factor then. Although a 7.3 dually would be harder I'd think to get off the line with 4 rear tires versus your srw 6.7

i cut the same lights and the 60s are the same at the track.. both weigh the same. both run the same 1/8th mile.

yes, all slow numbers.. lol

live life full throttle

Black AOD

Reaction score
i cut the same lights and the 60s are the same at the track.. both weigh the same. both run the same 1/8th mile.

yes, all slow numbers.. lol

live life full throttle
So yeah. That's why. Makes sense.

qzillanut

Reaction score
both of you know that something aint right with his truck. that is the first complaint i have ever heard about with the new 6.7s.my 7.3 dually and my 2012 6.7 are neck and neck. sad i know but they are... they make the same power and i have the same amount of money into them both.. obviously that includes purchase price also but still, both cost the same and both run the same.. lol

live life full throttle

I really don’t think there’s anything wrong with mine. I test drove 4 different ones and they all felt the same. I think ford just got carried away with their “torque management”. And there’s just a bit of delay when you smash it. I’ve seen several others comment on it. One was a professional car review guy doing a head to head test between ford, chevy,and Ram.

The delay isn’t that bad normally, until you pull up to an intersection with a questionable sized opening to pull out into and decide to go for it. Then it will bunch your panties a bit.

I never dyno’d the old 7.3, but the guy who made the tunes said it should be 340-350 at the wheels with everything I had done. Combine that with the faster shifting, tricked out 4r100 I had and the old 7.3 would get up and go. It would easily fry the tires.

The new truck should also be about 350 at the wheels. I mean wheel horsepower is usually about 80% of crankshaft. Combine that with “torque management “ and slower shifting 6 speed, it’s just sluggish compared to what I had. Henceforth the reason I’m one the forums all the time now waiting for the right “warranty removal” kit to trip my trigger 😂😂😂

qzillanut

Reaction score
Call me crazy but ford didn’t upgrade the rods because it needed it in stock trim.

needen$77

Reaction score
Im just trolling, im in a 97 7.3 for a while. BUT my work truck is a ram 1500 2014 v6 and from a dead stop it will fly. From a rolling stop the 8 speed has a couple of seconds of retard that will scare the chit out of you. I was wondering if the fords had that. My guess on my ram is the trans. My wifes neon and journey did the same thing. I think it may be more on how you drive with the multi gear autos. I have had other people drive and they dont see an issue. Im used to hitting the petal and getting a good down shift. It is funny to ride with it, i will push the petal harder and harder until it drops 3 gears and launches. I look around and think i wasn't meaning all that action (it sometimes barks the tires) ..... i do prefer a stick

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

F

Floorboard79

anybody in the know with ez lynk and their flashing capability issues? Be nice to know if they are working on it now or if there are other items in front of it in line. Apparently the trans tuning is ready, just cant flash

Latest posts

Members online