SuperArmor for the Superduty

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I've been working on a project for the Ford SuperDuty
F350wLeer.jpg

First I digitized the truck and designed a stock replacement front bumper and also a hidden winch model.
SuperArmorNonWinch.jpg

SuperArmorWinch.jpg

As you can see from the screen shots the front bumper is very curved and tight to the body of the truck. This method of curved intersecting planes is not only pleasing to the eye, but it's also not a menace in the parking lot. Our front bumper is within the envelope of the stock front bumper keeping overhang to a minimum.
SuperArmorWinchTop.jpg

The rear bumper is what will become the standard rear bumper. Other versions are coming with features like integrated hitches and wrap around styling.
SuperArmorRear2.jpg

SuperArmorRear.jpg

These are fully boxed for strength and corrosion resistance..
Grade 50 Steel, because hey why not, 35% more strength than what everyone else uses. ie, more strength!
Internal ribs assure strength and rigidity.
Built on a precision fixture to ensure the perfect fit every time.
Analysed in stress analysis and optimized for strength.
Setup for auxiliary lighting.
*Front gets a pair of LEDs with 7x 5w (or 3w) in a wide variety of beam patterns.
*Rear gets a nice little 10w LED. Super bright, just so compact and low draw you can wire them right into your backup lights for easy connections and automated use.

It's been a long haul I'll tell you that. Making this project come to fruition has been no easy task, but I am on that cusp today with the very first prototype nearing completion.

SuperArmorFront2.jpg

SuperArmorFront.jpg

SuperArmorBack.jpg

Some closeups of the light openings and showing fully boxed construction.
LightOpening.jpg

LightOpeningBack.jpg

The prototype will be finished and off to paint by week's end (assuming it fits.) I'm pretty excited as it's been a lot of work to get here.

<OK> flamesuit on

TrickTruck

Reaction score
People who can't drive for 2.

ToyotaVsChevy.jpg

My Toyota was hit in this photo. Yes, I designed & built the bumpers. The other driver went to the hospital, his truck to the junk yard and we went to dinner. Granted the truck didn't come out unscathed, but can you imagine what that would have done otherwise?

JMart

Reaction score
I think it looks good. Better than the typical ranchhand style full replacement.

ToMang07

Reaction score
I really like the idea of it. That said, if it doesn't protect the grill/radiator/intercooler I don't see the point.

Also, how thick is the metal where those brackets mount? Seems like the metal is pretty thin there, and I'd imagine that's a lot of weight on those brackets.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
I hear ya. Best of luck with your endeavor. Bumper that bulky just isn't my style.

:whs: But I think it'd look good on a wrecker truck, or any other truck that has high chances of coming into contact w/ something else(Ambulance, utility truck, fire rigs, oilfield trucks, welding rigs etc.). Very neat design though, looks better than many other HD bumpers I've seen.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Bumper that bulky just isn't my style.
Odd that you would say that since the lower part is essentially the same size as stock.

Also, it can be built w/o the hoop or wings as just a stock replacement.

I think it'll look very sleek on a truck painted to match, blend in and look 'factory' is what I was going for.

Of course, it goes without saying that you are entitled to your style and not like mine :D

Crack85

Reaction score
Odd that you would say that since the lower part is essentially the same size as stock.

Also, it can be built w/o the hoop or wings as just a stock replacement.

I think it'll look very sleek on a truck painted to match, blend in and look 'factory' is what I was going for.

Of course, it goes without saying that you are entitled to your style and not like mine :D

Ahhh without the hoop, I would probably rock it. The hoop is throwing me off.

TrickTruck

Reaction score

Also, how thick is the metal where those brackets mount? Seems like the metal is pretty thin there, and I'd imagine that's a lot of weight on those brackets.
It's really quite strong boxed with internal ribbing, those brackets are tied to everything. Strength is not going to be an issue.

Lugger007

Reaction score
Looks good so far. I'd be interested to see it painted and without top hoop. Good luck

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Cant wait to see it all finished up, looks a lot more sleek than most replacement bumpers on the market.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
I think it looks like a great start, but I agree with some of the earlier comments. Need to protect the center grille section too. The way it is now it leaves a huge space directly in front of where thousands of dollars worth of coolers/radiators/ect are sitting. Maybe two more uprights towards the center that straddle the Ford logo, or one horizontal bar... Needs something I think.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I think it looks like a great start, but I agree with some of the earlier comments. Need to protect the center grille section too. The way it is now it leaves a huge space directly in front of where thousands of dollars worth of coolers/radiators/ect are sitting. Maybe two more uprights towards the center that straddle the Ford logo, or one horizontal bar... Needs something I think.

I've been thinking about a 1x2 rectangular tubing formed on it's narrow edge to match the intersecting plane and carry it all the way around the headlights. One long horizontal bar. It would cross the Ford emblem. If someone really cared there's a ton of aftermarket grills too.

Verticals would work too I suppose.

What's kind of cool is that there are dozens of different options I could do for customers to tailor it to their desires.

A few just off top of my head
Base bumper
Winch Base Bumper
Hoop
Wings
Horizontal bar (like discussed above.)
Vertical bar (Like discussed above.)
Grill (some sort of expanded metal)
A little 'wider' to suit trucks (like mine) with the Bushwacker (like) extended fender flairs. (more on this later)

And that's before we even get into finishes.

Last edited:

CT9AIX

Reaction score
I'd be interested in seeing some more of the drawings with the different options.

donniesd

Reaction score
Sweeet!!! I want!! Its something different.

Wanna share those drawings I will sign a NDA!! :D:D:D

I would like to fab one for my SuperDuty.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.