Removing mirror caps

Rustedcutlery

Reaction score
I bought black mirror caps to replace the chrome ones that came on my truck. How does one remove the caps? Do you have to dissemble the entire mirror? Also, if anyone is looking for chrome caps, I'll sell mine.

Jgon08

Reaction score
Best way I got mine was push the little tabs along the top down and then push the cap off a little at a time. Or you can take the mirror apart I did it both ways neither is really easy. Just push or pull it straight back don't do it at a angle. Or you will Break the tabs on the bottom of it.
Here is a pic of the mirror apart it wasn't fun.

IMG_2058.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rustedcutlery

Reaction score
How do you access the bottom tabs with the glass in place? Iv tilted the glass but can't see the tabs.

Jgon08

Reaction score
The tabs on the bottom jist pull straight out there is nothing to really push out they just pop in and out.

Rustedcutlery

Reaction score
So basically just loosen up the top tabs and push the cap towards the front of the truck to remove it?

Jgon08

Reaction score
Yep just nice steady pressure don't jerk or yank it. It will pop off just work with it a little.

MrMike2010

Reaction score
Are these mirrors similar to the previous years, as in if you have just the plain textured top you can't remove them? I'm looking at a truck that has just the textured top and I would like to replace them if possible with a ptm version. Thanks

Martin #6

Reaction score
I bought black mirror caps to replace the chrome ones that came on my truck. How does one remove the caps? Do you have to dissemble the entire mirror? Also, if anyone is looking for chrome caps, I'll sell mine.

Bringing this one back to life. Do you have the part numbers for the black mirror caps? I'd like to change out my chrome ones on the Platinum.

Jgon08

Reaction score
Bringing this one back to life. Do you have the part numbers for the black mirror caps? I'd like to change out my chrome ones on the Platinum.

They don’t come painted have to buy ptm and get them painted. Can’t help you with part number. Try sunrise ford they are a sponsor here and have killer deals.

Latest posts

Members online