Nitrous on 7.3.

Reaction score
Little background on current Setup: 7.3 with Flanged sleeves, 3/4 Filled, Hypermax Bedplate and rods, arp top and bottom, pistons are decked .030", delipped, and flycut. gear head stage 2 sled camshaft, bigger valves and ported heads. Beehive valve springs. 455/400 Unlimited injectors, currently has SRP1.1 Stroker pump on it. Hopefully will have dual termy's on it by the weekend as long as ups doesn't screw up. Has triples (2)S366SXE and a s475 box charger t6 on the pedestal. Made 806 on fuel and 940 on ghetto spray with the SRP1.1 at 2100psi icp. Back when i ran this motor in a sled pull chasis i was peaking power at 3900rpm and ICP was staying up around 2700psi but down where the power curve is around 3000rpm I no longer have engine rpm on my side.

I'm new to spray for the most part and want some opinions of who has messed with nitrous alot and different setups. Going to be running my truck at the dragstrip hopefully this weekend. So obviously when i ghetto sprayed that is basically is all the nitrous you can get? I have Nitrous express setup i with nozzles ranging 50hp to 250hp. I have access to 2 solenoids and two bottles. I'd like to run it off momentary toggle switch/s i already have in my truck. But I'd like opinions of how to set it up exactly.

Thanks in advance!!

Reaction score
I unfortunately have no input for help, but I am along for the information as well. I've been trying to find write ups with little luck. Like to know what a 100 or 150 shot would do on a stock bottom end for a few dyno runs

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Little background on current Setup: 7.3 with Flanged sleeves, 3/4 Filled, Hypermax Bedplate and rods, arp top and bottom, pistons are decked .030", delipped, and flycut. gear head stage 2 sled camshaft, bigger valves and ported heads. Beehive valve springs. 455/400 Unlimited injectors, currently has SRP1.1 Stroker pump on it. Hopefully will have dual termy's on it by the weekend as long as ups doesn't screw up. Has triples (2)S366SXE and a s475 box charger t6 on the pedestal. Made 806 on fuel and 940 on ghetto spray with the SRP1.1 at 2100psi icp. Back when i ran this motor in a sled pull chasis i was peaking power at 3900rpm and ICP was staying up around 2700psi but down where the power curve is around 3000rpm I no longer have engine rpm on my side.

I'm new to spray for the most part and want some opinions of who has messed with nitrous alot and different setups. Going to be running my truck at the dragstrip hopefully this weekend. So obviously when i ghetto sprayed that is basically is all the nitrous you can get? I have Nitrous express setup i with nozzles ranging 50hp to 250hp. I have access to 2 solenoids and two bottles. I'd like to run it off momentary toggle switch/s i already have in my truck. But I'd like opinions of how to set it up exactly.

Thanks in advance!!
i have no idea about nitrous. but that sounds like a fun, badass setup!! so im just here to see how it goes.. lol

live life full throttle

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
The first question to ask is how much smoke are you producing cause that will determine the amount you have for the nitrous to use. I assume you don’t have much smoke because of the triples. I have some experience with nitrous and I would say start with one stage and use around a .88 jet. If you have a way to bring it in progressively that would be the best. If not I would launch on fuel then spray after converter locks. That is what I always did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Not a huge amount of smoke left by any means visually but it was enough to gain 140hp on a single hpop with a ghetto fog.... Which I would assume would be more nitrous then there is fuel to clean up!!

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
I know you said you were going to be putting a twin hpop setup on it soon. I would put that on it and make some fuel only runs to see. Not being able to hold pressure is a big factor. After that I would go with what I said earlier about the single stage to try.

Reaction score
I know you said you were going to be putting a twin hpop setup on it soon. I would put that on it and make some fuel only runs to see. Not being able to hold pressure is a big factor. After that I would go with what I said earlier about the single stage to try.

That's what I'm planning on. I have my own dyno so i can test anytime. Just need the pumps to get here. While i was waiting i was just going to get the drugs set up to where it would be ready to use when the time came. Should i spray after the water to air intercooler or does it matter? I need to get bungs and switches in place.

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
I don’t know if it really matters or not. I always sprayed after the intercooler. Maybe some other people with experience with that can put their input on where to spray at

DZL JIM

Reaction score
Gotcha. I'm also curious on what the downfall of doing a 250 shot would be? Traction?

If you don't have the fuel, then more nitrous won't do anything.
If your best runs were only 2700 psi ICP, then you can gain a lot more fuel with higher/proper ICP so you might be able to get away with more nitrous then.

jbolen323

Reaction score
^^

correct you are so underpowered without the oil

diesels and jets and hp are no like gassers, i was in this dilemma last year learning.

i had the full same system and even a controller, i tried jets from .30 up the .125 (which is basically no jet)

i ended up using the no jet, you have a built motor sounds like sooo just do that.

I threw it on a switch so it would be 100% drove down a empty road a bunch of times and basically left it on cruise control and hit the switch. This way i got to feel the exact power from each jet, obviously it would be more on a WOT and safer cause of other reasons but in my mind that seem the best way. Basically find the biggest jet you can go and go down one step, you need the "SMOKE" but if your turbos are cleaning it all up it wont help as much i think.

Most 7.3s that run it seem to be in the .86 area of jets that i found out.

emev0l

Reaction score
350/200's an s468 and lots of spray has made 1,226rwhp.

Get the dual HPOPs on, get tuning for the dual HPOPs, and have a nitrous tune made while you're at it. Then hit it with a 250 shot and break 1,000.

Get a progressive system and hit it with 2 kits, I wouldn't be surprised to hear you made over 1,300rwhp.

shmoozer

Reaction score
Pretty sure all of the tuning is done by him

Reaction score
Dual pumps back to back won't fit without completely redoing my current intake plenums setup. Hoping to get funds for a BTS "stacked" style dual pump and try that. Never made it to the track so now it is just a back burner project for the winter. I appreciate the feedback. I'll give it a shot and see how it goes on the dyno once i get another pump on it.

Timmy

Reaction score
Gen3 setup doesn't take up the space the dual pumps would and flow enough oil for your 455s. I ran 2 kits on my 7.3 on the dyno. .088 jet the first kit run on a WOT switch after the intercooler for the first pull then a .125 on a button before the intercooler combined with that .088 jet on the 2nd pull. Overspun the 67.7 to where it smoked the thrust bearing lol. The kit came with a boost reference switch where the first kit would come on at whatever pressure I set it at from 1-24psi that I'll use at the track next year but didn't need it for the dyno.

Reaction score
All i got to say is get a nx progressive controller. Its the most badass controller, i have 1 stage on my 2015 and the way i have it its pretty smooth when it comes on.

Latest posts

Members online