On going project

Redrock2000

Reaction score
Lubbock Texas by way of Detroit ( birthplace unfor
I finally got the engine outta my truck pulled the heads and found what looks to me as 3 burnt pistons. I've pulled 1 and part of the top compression rings is gone. It doesn't look broken it looks smooth on the end as if it melted away. I'm thinking of just buying a used long block and building this one as I go or if my cash situation changes in the next month or so buying an engine from one of y'all. I don't post on here much anymore, I'm a disabled veteran and money has been so tight the past few years my truck has just been sitting in the driveway. Anyway my finances look up so praying I can get back after it. Still wanting 550 to 600 reliable hp starting from scratch so I'm open to any and all suggestions.

dmd

Reaction score
If you have potential tight finances I would suggest a reliable 400hp goal. Much less
cost in the long run from breakage and parts. At 500 hp you will be looking at a transmission
also, at least a valve body for now, but the trans will probably need replacing.

Your call though. I am sure someone will have a link to a short block.

What injectors and tuning do you have now, that melting may be a bad injector, but
with 3 like that it may be tuning issues too.

Plzstrokeme

Reaction score
If funds are tight I would definitely buy a used engine and run it. I have an engine out of a 95 in mine now and it runs great. I bought it for $450.

I agree 400hp is much cheaper than 5 or 6. I tow with my truck all the time and love the power my truck has. I have never once wished I had more fuel or rwhp.

If your dead set on 600hp than I hope you keep this thread going. I enjoy following build progress. Good luck.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.