Paint/Rocker panel protector?

Jayh

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I just got a black Platinum and looking for ways to protect the side of my truck once I put my 10" wides on. I dont want to add flares or flaps. anyone know of a product film that protects from chips on rockers? My 15 was beat all up.

sootie

Reaction score
i just did 3m clear bra on the rockers of mine. it was two tone though so i wient up to just under the dividing pinstripe.

Jomax

Reaction score
I did 3m on all rockers, bumpers, and full front end, plus mirrors. Do it ASAP on a black truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverRat77

Reaction score
Did you guus install your own protection or have an installer do it?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
Did you guus install your own protection or have an installer do it?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Installer, make sure they are 3m approved. I would never attempt it. It’s way harder then it looks. Try to find the best one as black vehicles are the worst to make look perfect.

BrightLight

Reaction score
Why put stupid wide wheels on, just to screw up a brand new 70K+ truck?? Never mind the paint, it'll kill the ball joints, suspension etc. Maybe P.T. Barnham had it right--sucker born every day, or should say idiot!!

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
Why put stupid wide wheels on, just to screw up a brand new 70K+ truck?? Never mind the paint, it'll kill the ball joints, suspension etc. Maybe P.T. Barnham had it right--sucker born every day, or should say idiot!!
yes,and what about the people buying a Superduty and lowering it???SoDumb.Should have bought a car .But to each his own.Can't fix stupid

Jayh

Reaction score
I'm doing a 10" wide because I like the aggressive look. I have 22x10 novacanes on my 15 and the bottom is all beat up. Just trying to protect it a little

Jomax

Reaction score
yes,and what about the people buying a Superduty and lowering it???SoDumb.Should have bought a car .But to each his own.Can't fix stupid

Hey now John, I lowered my truck, I still need a truck, but I need it to be able to fit in parking garages. Doesn’t make me stupid.

BrightLight

Reaction score
The reason for my comment, a good friend bought a new Dodge (some people just can't see the light, but I still consider him a friend) and first thing, he put a really nice set of offset wheels, big tires, tint so dark u need headlights at noon, polished that bad boy with high dollar Killer wax, and never drove on a dirt road. Not long after, he stopped by one day for a beer, and he had the stock tires and wheels back on it. I ask why, and he said he changed his mind when he had to touch up stone chips on the roof. Besides that it was a cop magnet. Around here u can't have tires outside the fenders, and decent paint jobs start about 7K.

Jomax

Reaction score
The reason for my comment, a good friend bought a new Dodge (some people just can't see the light, but I still consider him a friend) and first thing, he put a really nice set of offset wheels, big tires, tint so dark u need headlights at noon, polished that bad boy with high dollar Killer wax, and never drove on a dirt road. Not long after, he stopped by one day for a beer, and he had the stock tires and wheels back on it. I ask why, and he said he changed his mind when he had to touch up stone chips on the roof. Besides that it was a cop magnet. Around here u can't have tires outside the fenders, and decent paint jobs start about 7K.

Mine are 20x10s they don’t stick out much. For tint, I have it dark, but I’m in AZ. Stone chips. Clear bra ftw.

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
Hey now John, I lowered my truck, I still need a truck, but I need it to be able to fit in parking garages. Doesn’t make me stupid.

Your truck didn't even come to mind.I guess Im lucky,every parking garage that I tried to park my 450 4x4,has been high enough.I've parked it in Fla,NY,Ky,MD,and maybe others.

Latest posts

Members online