Anybody watch this guys videos?

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
I would say I'm a newb to welding it's something I really enjoy and would like to get into some day. I really enjoy watching this guys videos on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/weldingtipsandtricks/videos
Does anybody else ever watch this guys stuff. Well done imo. I bought a nice lincoln 210v mig last year. I've spent a lot of time watching his tig welding stuff. That is my next big tool I'm buying just not sure what to get.

kramarj

Reaction score
Been subbed to him for a couple years now probably. IMO he is a master at welding. Seems like he can do anything and everything to do with welding. About a month ago he had mig welding aluminum, I was amazed, never knew you could do that. I wish he could dumb things down sometimes though, sometimes, I have absolutely no idea what he is talking about, not that I will probably ever use it in life, but who knows??

Another guy/kid to check out is chucke2009, he has some good vids also. He is younger, like 18/19 ish I believe, but he is pretty talented. I like his videos, because I am more on his level as far as skill level. He doesn't have the fancy camera equipment weldingtipsandtricks does, but he still has good vids. It is also nice, becuase he isn't afraid to admit that he has never done this or that before and he has no idea how it will end up.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Been subbed to him for a couple years now probably. IMO he is a master at welding. Seems like he can do anything and everything to do with welding. About a month ago he had mig welding aluminum, I was amazed, never knew you could do that. I wish he could dumb things down sometimes though, sometimes, I have absolutely no idea what he is talking about, not that I will probably ever use it in life, but who knows??

Another guy/kid to check out is chucke2009, he has some good vids also. He is younger, like 18/19 ish I believe, but he is pretty talented. I like his videos, because I am more on his level as far as skill level. He doesn't have the fancy camera equipment weldingtipsandtricks does, but he still has good vids. It is also nice, becuase he isn't afraid to admit that he has never done this or that before and he has no idea how it will end up.

Is that the kid who had a video on arc welding aluminum?
The welds weren't pretty, and I can't think of any situation where I would need to do it, but I was impressed that he gave it a shot.

kramarj

Reaction score
Is that the kid who had a video on arc welding aluminum?
The welds weren't pretty, and I can't think of any situation where I would need to do it, but I was impressed that he gave it a shot.

I don't recall him ever doing that, but he could have.

kramarj

Reaction score
Did he have a spool gun in the mig welder when he was welding the aluminum? I didn't see it on top of the gun

Nope. That is what I thought was cool about it. I think it was a Lincoln welder he was using. He seems to have the newest toys when they come out, I think that it is something that is new and not all that common yet.

kramarj

Reaction score
That is pretty amazing. Never knew you could do that. I am amazed how strong it was. That is pretty similar to brazing isn't it?

tensixniner

Reaction score
That is pretty amazing. Never knew you could do that. I am amazed how strong it was. That is pretty similar to brazing isn't it?

Aluminum can also be brazed with an oxy-acetylene torch but in that video he is welding.

ingrahams

Reaction score
I would say I'm a newb to welding it's something I really enjoy and would like to get into some day. I really enjoy watching this guys videos on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/weldingtipsandtricks/videos
Does anybody else ever watch this guys stuff. Well done imo. I bought a nice lincoln 210v mig last year. I've spent a lot of time watching his tig welding stuff. That is my next big tool I'm buying just not sure what to get.

Spent most this past weekend watching his Tig videos, really made me want to screw around with my TIG again, his videos also have me convinced I need to sell mine and getting one that will take about 2 days worth of his videos to figure out how to use. Damn internet making me spend money again.

tensixniner

Reaction score
The only reason a push pull setup or a spool gun is used is because of feeding issues with soft aluminum wire. It's been done every way possible for decades with known results.
That guy is annoying though. Some editing would have helped.

getstroked27

Reaction score
i use a push/pull gun all the time. i build custom trailers. so when im building aluminum skeletons for AL skins and such i wire it all. then tig the .100 skins together. its a bit hard to get the hang of the speed and such at first but its quick to figure out. super smooth and fast for a production style setting. i run a miller invison 352 mPa with a S-74 mPa feed, i wire AL, steel, stainless, cast alum-bronze parts, everything. a lot of what i weld requires far more heat and penetration than i can get with i tig, even the Al stuff. so i learned to get real good on all materials. but as an ex hot rod builder i live for the few days i get to run the tig all day.

Latest posts

Members online