VGT SWITCH? (just for idle)

CMCFord6.4

Reaction score
So I really like the sound of the VGT actuator being open at idle so I rigged up a switch off the ground into the cab. My intentions were to just use this at idle I don't care about any of the smoke nonsense nor running down the street for better mileage like some say works. My question is when I unplugged the actuator the truck went into this mode where it wouldn't start. The switch works but throws a couple codes and now the truck seems to have trouble creating boost. It used to run around 40sh psi now before codes are thrown it will barely get to 30? Do i need to just buy a new pigtail and make it back to factory? Or is there something else I need to look at? I have an H&S Mini Max tuner. If I knew it was going to be this much trouble just for idle sound I definitely wouldn't have messed with it :doh:

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
To be honest, I quoted the spammer and called them a spammer in hopes they would respond.

I called out a spammer one time and get death threats/wishes for me and my family by PM from the spammer. It was interesting to say the least.

dsberman94

Reaction score
To be honest, I quoted the spammer and called them a spammer in hopes they would respond.

I called out a spammer one time and get death threats/wishes for me and my family by PM from the spammer. It was interesting to say the least.

I think I remember that one. Guy wanted people to meet him at his house which was like a 4 story box with way too many windows and 6 cars in the driveway. Lol

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I think I remember that one. Guy wanted people to meet him at his house which was like a 4 story box with way too many windows and 6 cars in the driveway. Lol
Not sure on meeting at his place. But every time a wanted ad popped up, his buddy always had the part. He was even bumping 8 year old wanted ads to tell the op his buddy had the part needed.

Latest posts

Members online