backup camera alarm not working

davidw221

Reaction score
Two weeks ago I went into the system and turned off my backup camera alarm, now it just doesn't work, I get a warning that it isn't working, I go to the screen and try to check it on, but it doesn't check, any answers out there?

MEDIC350

Reaction score
check your sensors are not damaged and make sure the plugs on the backside of the bumper are pushed all the way into the sensors

TripleE44

Reaction score
Sometimes those one of those sensors will go out.

If you put the truck in reverse with the emergency brake on(assuming your emergency brake works correctly) and walk back there and put your ear right in front of each of the sensor they click if they're working.

At least I think that's how it is. I could have it backwards and the broken one clicks. It's still early for me. Either way, you should be able to isolate it. I doubt more than one is messed up.

PDT1081

Reaction score
Sometimes those one of those sensors will go out.

If you put the truck in reverse with the emergency brake on(assuming your emergency brake works correctly) and walk back there and put your ear right in front of each of the sensor they click if they're working.

At least I think that's how it is. I could have it backwards and the broken one clicks. It's still early for me. Either way, you should be able to isolate it. I doubt more than one is messed up.
You should be able to do this without the engine running. If you can't, at least chock the wheels. I know it should go without saying, but some people.....

davidw221

Reaction score
everything seems to be in order, the check to activate the alarm with not activate, but the turn off check works, that seems to be the problem!

davidw221

Reaction score
Backup alarm still doesn't work, truck going to the dealer on the 17th to get a Titan fuel tank installed, I'll have them look at it when it's there.