Work truck project

kmanxj

Reaction score
Anybody have much more info on the 200/30's in a OBS? I was pretty set on Baby swamps when I got injectors, but these interest me.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
200/30 is a 450/475 hp injector that is very tameable and can tune to any level. Will NOT require a HPOP change as the 15* pump is MORE then sufficent to drive those hybrids. Some guys will install 80% nozzels on them but still do not have to upgrade the hpo system. Its all in the way the piston ratio and plungers are designed. They actually use less oil then a stock set of AA.

If I had not got a smoking deal on a set of stage 1s, 200/30s would be going in my work truck build.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Well my starter and alternator went out yesterday. I went ahead and bought new. Also installed new shocks and finally have a front driveshaft coming thanks to frank the tank. Since I'm taking it to have the new injectors and glow plugs put in tomorrow I'll be installing these tonight. I won't get off till late but can someone tell me exactly what tools I'll be needing for the starter removal? Time frame on removal and install? Truck is stuck in my driveway and I cant get it to the shop down the road so I'll be roughing it tonight lol. I'll also get some pics of this thing to post up since I've had a couple ask.

psduser1

Reaction score
8mm, 15 mm, 18mm sockets, 3"extension, 6" extension, rachet, for the starter.
13 mm for the altenator, 1/2" breaker bar for the belt, and I think 8mm for the power wire on the alternator, also

diesel dane

Reaction score
Starter on a 97 is easy. Swapped mine out an hr before my brothers wedding and had time to spare!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ncollins64

Reaction score
Just got done. It wasn't too bad. Thanks for the tips. It finally cranks like its suppose to. Now gonna take it tomorrow to have the injectors chip and glow plugs put in and hopefully get it wed. Hope this is pretty well it besides the efuel and hpop install if I can get a weekend off from work.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Well picked the truck up last night. Had the ffd stage one injectors installed with new glow plugs and relay and a new chip with PHP tunes. Man this thing does run awesome. Just runs out of gear quick. It was low 20s this morning and it fired right up without being plugged up when it use to struggle and smoke like crazy. Very pleased with the decision. Next weekend I have off I will be installing the e fuel and hpop and I've got some leaky up pipes so I'll be doing that as well with a down pipe and a delete pedistal.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Well picked the truck up last night. Had the ffd stage one injectors installed with new glow plugs and relay and a new chip with PHP tunes. Man this thing does run awesome. Just runs out of gear quick. It was low 20s this morning and it fired right up without being plugged up when it use to struggle and smoke like crazy. Very pleased with the decision. Next weekend I have off I will be installing the e fuel and hpop and I've got some leaky up pipes so I'll be doing that as well with a down pipe and a delete pedistal.
How does it idle?

ncollins64

Reaction score
So far so good with these mods. After I install my hpop and e fuel I'm gonna send the chip back to PHP because the tunes right now are for a stock set up. It may make a difference and may not who knows.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Got my new Kenwood CD player put in yesterday and found out the speakers are crap. What size and brand would yall reccommend for the door and rear speakers. Don't want anything crazy, just nice clear sound.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Don't needs subs, but an amp for your 4 factory speakers is a nice upgrade. With that said, just about any speaker you buy will be a nice upgrade from what you have

ncollins64

Reaction score
Pic

Here's a pic of the truck since some has asked to see it. Just installed 4 new speakers, new lockouts, new diff fluids, shocks, Brake box and gooseneck wiring, and wire brushed the whole frame and running gear and fixing to paint that. Next is rear blocks, air bags, RSK kit, brake lines, and new sway bar end links.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 112

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.