The Militant 6.0

militant83

Reaction score
Well I have been on PSA for a little while not mainly lurking and gathering knowledge. I have yet to show of my rig. So here is a progressive build thread. I will update it as I make changes to the truck as the budget allows. As of now all the simple bolt on parts have been put on by me and the more technical work gets done by the guys at Unlimited Diesel.

I bought the truck bone stock and below is the list of upgrade that were done last year.

Mechman 270 Alt
MBRP Single Stack
S&B CAI
ARP Head Studs
Full Force 155cc Injectors
FICMRepair.com Ultra FICM
Sinister Coolant Filtration
RCD EGR Delete
Blue Spring Kit
Edge CTS
Gearhead Tuning(currently running SRL+)

So far this year I have installed a new double DIN cd player, Tuned FICM with Atlas 40(PHP FICM Tuner). Purchased Rancho 7000MT Shocks, 20x12 Fuel Octanes, No Limit CAI and Cold side pipes. Still undecided on tires as of right now. Many plans for the future. Now for some pics.

2012-03-06_13-06-39_891.png

IMG_0187_zpsiwawtzhe.png

IMG_0193_zpsezkoelqn.png

IMG_0194_zps4pmb26si.png

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q246/KennyFisher4413/IMG_0192_zpsbsrdgjoh.jpg

militant83

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I like them for street use..the SRL + is the only one that I have ran so far. It is far from where i would like it to be but it is getting there slowly. Im not one for tunes that blow a ton of smoke. And with Gearhead you get the power without all of the smoke. I have an IDP tune as well and they are the same way little to no smoke but good power gains.

Last edited:

skew12

Reaction score
Nice truck. I've been thinking about picking up a 6.0. My 7.3 is long gone.

webb06

Reaction score
Those octanes are going to change the whole look of this truck! Just curious what's up with the extra cables off the alternator?

militant83

Reaction score
Because of that alternator?

Yes because of the bigger Alt..it is required to run bigger cables to handle the load being put out by the alt. And yes the the octanes will change the look completely wrapped in some 420s.

The 08 mirrors and new black grill I just ordered will as well...:rockon:

webb06

Reaction score
Yes because of the bigger Alt..it is required to run bigger cables to handle the load being put out by the alt. And yes the the octanes will change the look completely wrapped in some 420s.

The 08 mirrors and new black grill I just ordered will as well...:rockon:

Gotcha! Awesome! It'll look good

militant83

Reaction score
The truck wont see the wheels for a couple more months. Once this winter weather is over. But I will update by the end of the week with my new exterior parts and my new No Limit Fab toys.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks, you know an alradco intercooler would be a good match for those No Limit pipes:naughty: I do take donations... haha

you have no limit pipes? I didn't see them. but if you do the whole set with intake i'll make you a sweet deal ;)

militant83

Reaction score
Got some new parts on the went ahead and decided to complete the NO Limit setup and get the hot side pipe thanks to Mike. And I also have a Alradco Intercooler on the way thanks to Pete.

Now a question for you guys, I might have some more room in my budget for some more engine parts. Where would you go from here with this build with maybe a grand left in the budget?

Latest posts

Members online