2006 oil sending unit threads

Diesel625

Reaction score
Got the low oil pressure warning on the dash today. I went and bought a new sensor, and when pulling out the old one, the threads came out on the sensor leaving no way of installing the new one. I’m pretty sure I’m going to have to remove the cooler to change the cover, or is there any other way of getting the sensor in there? The threads past that of the sensor are still in the cover. I was thinking maybe some sort of thread adapter would work? Any thoughts?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Got the low oil pressure warning on the dash today. I went and bought a new sensor, and when pulling out the old one, the threads came out on the sensor leaving no way of installing the new one. I’m pretty sure I’m going to have to remove the cooler to change the cover, or is there any other way of getting the sensor in there? The threads past that of the sensor are still in the cover. I was thinking maybe some sort of thread adapter would work? Any thoughts?
Ive used an m12x1.5 I ring fitting for checking oil pressure, but if I remember right its some ****ed up three. Like 11x1.5 or 1.75 or something.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Diesel625

Reaction score
I found a oil pressure sensor thread repair fitting made specifically for the 6.0 and 6.4. It says it has 1/4” longer threads for this reason. Anyone familiar with it?

Diesel625

Reaction score
Correct me if I’m wrong but couldn’t I just plug that port and thread the sensor into the oil filter cap?

bismic

Reaction score
Post a link to the fitting please!

Yes, you could just plug the port and install the pressure switch in the cap (or in the oil pressure test port if the harness is long enough).

That said, the oil pressure switch doesn't even send any information to the PCM. It only connects to the instrument panel. You really don't need it at all. On a rare occasion it is good for initial troubleshooting. Other than that, it does nothing.

Diesel625

Reaction score
Got it in today. Works awesome. This fitting saves a lot of time and labor. I’d definitely recommend it to anyone.

Latest posts

Members online