05 6.0 lack of power from a stop

Darvis 6.0

Reaction score
so this is the first time posting on a forum but im stumped and about to give up, im not new to 6.0s by any means and i thought i knew what i was looking at, so its a 05 ccsb auto, bought it with 68mm turbo and 100 horse injectors, the truck was very quick but extremely smokey and its my wifes truck and 9mpg in town and smoking everyone out just trying to move the truck was ridiculous, so i put stock injectors and turbo in it and its so slow taking off, and still gets terrible mileage (14 freeway empty), it acts like turbo lag and then when it lights it goes, it has no bottom end power so i put a sctx4 on it with a street tune and it has the 4 second delay then it literally takes off like i just let off the e brake and it continues to pull fine, until i let off and try to take off, ive watched the ebp psi and its good, turbo veins working properly map line good swapped sensors with my 6.0 back and forth, i dont know why during take off at half or a little more throttle it just takes off like a 2 stroke dirtbike, i know they have some lag but i almost got hit pulling out in front of a truck because of it, wot icp is 3k or so ipr percent 21 at idle and goes to 85 wot fuel psi is good, ficm volts are 48 even swapped with mine, only code i have is u 1900 and its a abs related code, i hope im missing something simple and im overlooking it thanks!

Mhatlen

Reaction score
You look at your VGT% values as you come off idle. Is it adjusting.

What boost are you seeing ?

No leaks in your up pipes oh Y pipe ?

Have you confirmed all CAC pipes and boots tight intercooler not blown out on pass hot side is it.

If your not seeing VGT dial up and boost shoot up to 10-15 lbs off idle then look for leaks in stated above.

3K ICP is not normal unless you have a tune. Mine was 4200 stock and now 2100 tuned.

Last edited:

Darvis 6.0

Reaction score
Vgt moves quick off idle like it should, their isnt any leaks and I've even put psi in the tubes to make sure, with some PvC fittings, and 3000 psi with was with a tune,

BS Hauler

Reaction score
You have a boost leak or your turbo is not moving vanes correctly. Has someone been fooling with the turbo and changed stuff in it.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
You have a boost leak or your turbo is not moving vanes correctly. Has someone been fooling with the turbo and changed stuff in it.

:whs:

I swapped my plastic cold side pipe w/ a new Riffraff replacement and used a torque wrench on all my boots and that made a noticeable difference in response.

My mileage sucks as well 15-17, I know I have 1 exhaust stud broken and the MBRP up-pipes don't fit as well as they should. IMHO, my issues are all leaks but at 305k I'm not too worried about it.

Latest posts

Members online