ARIZONA MEMBERS! - 2013 Toys for Tots Meet!

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Here are the official details of the 2013 APG Toys for Tots meet. This event is open to ANY diesel owner that wants to show up and contribute a toy(s). Even though this is being put on by the Arizona Powerstroke Group, we are all "Diesel Fans" and we welcome local GM and Dodge Diesel owners to come out and participate with us for a great cause!

APG 2013 Toys for Tots Event Details:
  • Event Date / Time: SATURDAY, December 14th, 2013 / 10am-2pm
  • PERA Club (Large Ramada) - 1 E. Continental Drive, Tempe, AZ <-- Click Link for Map
  • ENTRY COST: At Least (1) NEW / UNWRAPPED Toy (goes to Toys for Tots)
  • Food: BYO - Jomax (David) and his brother will have a grille running if you want to bring some meat to cook - We are not making this a "bring a dish to share" type event as we just don't know what the turnout will be, or when anyone will show up or leave. At the same time, if you enjoy making something and want to bring some to share, I'm not going to tell you not to.
  • Strictly Diesel will supply bottled water, any other drinks are BYO.
  • Since this event is for Charity and about Children, we would prefer that beverages be kept "kid friendly".

In a nutshell, we just want to hang out with other diesel owners/friends and collect toys for a good cause. The park has room for kids to run. I'm still waiting to hear about whether Dogs are allowed, will make sure to post about it here when I find out.

For now, put the event on your calendar, get out and get a toy(s) and plan to see us on December 14th.

SPREAD THE WORD! I will be posting about this on all of the forums I can, but more talk by more people will bring more participation! It's all about the kids and toys!!!

Anyone that can't participate on the day of the event is more than welcome to come by our shop and place a donation under our Christmas Tree, or drop it by Jodys shop (The Pudgy Pup) in Mesa. We will make sure that ALL of the donated toys get to TFT. Also, Nate and I always go on a toy buying spree before the event. You are welcome to bring us a cash donation, we will just add it to our budget and buy more toys when we go.

Let me know if you have any questions! Hope to see you there!

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
I've been asked about how "non-locals" can donate...

If you want to donate to our toy fund, please use PayPal. The donation can be sent to [email protected]. Please send it as a GIFT so PayPal doesn't take any fees out, and clearly mark it as TOYS FOR TOTS DONATION. We will handle it from there.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
I have just received confirmation that Dogs are allowed at PERA Club. I would like to request that anyone bringing a dog keep it on a leash, just to prevent any issues with other dogs or people. Thanks!

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
One of our local "Arizona Powerstroke Group" members is running a grille and they have volunteered to supply burgers, buns and condiments. All they are asking is for a "rough" count of how many will be there. If you are on multiple forums, please ONLY answer this question in one of them!

If you are coming and want a burger, leave a reply and let us know so we can get a rough count. Include any family coming with you please.

All we ask in return...AT LEAST ONE UNWRAPPED TOY (more are always welcome!)

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
For an event that we got a late start in promoting due to location issues, we couldn't be happier with the results. We had a ton of parking available, and no traffic issues...room to grow in future years for sure! The park was clean, had stocked and working restrooms and it was quiet (we didn't have to compete with other events or shopping or sports). I'm already looking forward to next years event!

Lots of room to park!
attachment.php

We had a great family donate their time, their grille and the burgers and "fixins"!

Our Awesome Food Crew!
attachment.php

Some Burgers Cooking - Clearly They Have Done This Before!
attachment.php

We had a great truck turnout with all 3 brands represented, which is exactly what we wanted when decided to make this a local event and try to promote it outside of just the Arizona Powerstroke Group circle. I want to send a very special THANK YOU to the Arizona Diesel Club for showing up with a TRAIN of trucks and a ton of toys!

Here are a few more pictures. We were so busy talking to people and enjoying the beautiful weather that I forget to get the camera out later in the day to get more shots of the other trucks (and the 6.0L PSD Ford Galaxie Wagon).

Row of Trucks
attachment.php

2013 Toys for Tots Donation - GREAT JOB EVERYONE THAT PARTICIPATED!
attachment.php

In the end, the picture above is the most important one. We are feeling right now that this is the largest donation we will have made in all the years of collecting for Toys for Tots. We just can't say THANK YOU enough to everyone that contributed!

Latest posts

Members online